Bitfinex, a state-of-the-art digital asset trading platform, has launched support for the Lightning Network.
The Lightning Network is a decentralized system of smart contracts built as a second-layer of the Bitcoin blockchain, enabling custodian-free instant, high-volume micropayments across a network of participants.
Bitfinex has started running its own Lightning Network node that traders can connect to and open a payment channel with the platform.
“As industry pioneers, we strive to remain at the forefront of Bitcoin technology development,” said Bitfinex CTO Paolo Ardoino. “We’re proud to support the Lightning Network.”
The Lightning Network works by creating a secure network of participants that can transact with each other directly, without having to broadcast everything on the Bitcoin blockchain. The second layer technology uses the blockchain only for final settlement of funds, which takes place when the payment channels are closed.
“We’re excited about the Lightning Network’s potential to become a true peer-to-peer payment channel,” added Ardoino. “By supporting a Lightning Network node on our platform, our users can look forward to more cost-effective and efficient Bitcoin transactions.”
“As one of the most advanced cryptocurrency exchange, we’re committed to growing the Lightning Network on our platform to boost Bitcoin’s competitiveness as a means of payment, bringing Bitcoin ever closer to achieving mass adoption,” said Ardoino. “More innovative services will be added to our Lightning Network node in the near future to provide even more benefits and convenience for our users and the wider cryptocurrency ecosystem.”
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?