Per a recent update, the Chinese Police have arrested Yang Zipping, ex-employee of Bitmain and CEO of its arch-rival MicroBT, maker of WhatsMiner Bitcoin miners.
Will Bitmain-MicroBT Case Re-open?
Sources further reveal that Yang has been taken into custody over issues involving the intellectual property rights of Bitmain. Interestingly, he was one of the engineers responsible for designing Bitmain’s leading miners. He left Bitmain after he being denied an equity stake by Bitmain co-founders Jihan Wu and Micree Zhan. Post leaving Bitmain, Yang built MicroBT and was sued by Bitmain over patent rights. Later on, a Chinese court revoked Bitmain’s patent citing that circuit designs were widely used.
It is likely that Yang’s arrest might again re-open the Bitmain-MicroBT case. Initially, Bitmain had demanded a sum of 26 Billion Yuan from the latter. However, it reduced the claim to $380,000. Earlier this year, Bitmain sued another three former employees who started mining pool “Poolin”.The firm sought $4 million in damages from the latter.
The list of controversies doesn’t end here for Bitmain. It is also going through a rough phase with Micree Zhan, who was abruptly fired from the firm previous week. Zhan in another statement alleged that he is going to take legal action against the firm.
He said that he was removed from the company without his consent while he was on a “business trip.”
“I have never thought that as a person focusing on technology and product, I have to start thinking from legal perspectives. It was embarrassing that as a Bitmain co-founder, the biggest shareholder, and a registered legal representative, I got ousted without any knowledge in this coup while on a business trip,”
While the issues continue to remain unsettled, it will be interesting to note what turn the case takes. Let us know what you think in the comments below!
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?