Ripple’s XRP led the alt-season and crypto bubble of 2017. While the ICO bubble in Ethereum hyped the crypto market to astronomical highs, XRP was the highest gainer.
However, two years post its’ burst, the price has failed to break bullish. It has continued to trade below $0.3 for a greater part of the year 2019. The price of XRP at 4: 30 hours UTC on 4th February 2020 is $0.25.
As reported earlier on CoinGape, BitMEX has planned to add new XRP contracts tomorrow.
We at BitMEX are proud to announce that trading of a new perpetual swap on the XRP token (XRPUSD) will begin at 0400 UTC on 5 February 2020.
— BitMEX (@BitMEXdotcom) February 4, 2020
The added liquidity from one of the largest derivatives exchanges is expected to bring more volatility in the price of XRP.
Put Your Money where your Mouth Is
The derivatives contract gives an opportunity to naysayers to short XRP as well. There are many within the crypto space including the CEO of BitMEX, Arthur Hayes who doesn’t believe in the value of ‘XRP’ or altcoins altogether. He tweeted,
“Is it called Ripple, XRP, or dogshit? Who knows, who cares. It’s worth more than zero so it’s time to trade the USD pair on BitMEX. Boo-Yaka-sha!”
“ With the liquidity on the futures exchanges, you can get in and out of million dollar positions within minutes… You don’t need to hold these coins, if you’re a trader. “
Moreover, an asset never ceases to exist or reach zero dollar valuation. Over time, the liquidity in the asset dries up to near zero values, making it non-existent at the last traded price. Hence, the fact that liquidity is increasing for these assets increases the probability of gains.
Even Willy Woo is a Bitcoin maximalists classifies altcoins as ‘sh*tcoins’.
Nevertheless, he also notes, there are some altcoins which have been around for sometime now with oscillator characteristics, these might be primed for gains over BTC as well.
Do you think alt-season can ensure again? Please share your views with us.
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Meta and Instagram To Allow Users To Create, Display And Sell NFTs
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?