Popular derivative exchange, BitMEX has, since the beginning of this year, seen an increase up to 50% in its insurance funds. Currently, the exchange holds an approximate value of $314 million, or an equivalent of 31,300 bitcoins which represent 0.15% of the cryptocurrency’s total supply.
These figures represent more than 50% increase in the exchange’s insurance funds since the beginning of the year. The BitMEX Insurance Fund is used for controlling unfilled liquidation orders on the platform.
BitMEX’s Insurance Funds Settles Leverage Trade Differences
BitMEX does not require any fees on negative account balances since the trades are structured in such a way that ensures that the winning party of a trade is always paid off. In the event that the losses recorded on a leveraged trade do not cover the winner’s gains, the exchange makes the settlements directly from their insurance funds. These insurance funds have now soared by more than 50% since the beginning of the year and this may mean that the derivatives exchange is still fully functional with lines falling in pleasant places.
BitMEX undergoing CFTC Probe
The Seychelles-based crypto derivatives exchange is still under the watchful eyes of the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) which is probing the firm to determine whether it went against regulations in the form of servicing US traders. The derivatives exchange is not registered with the U.S Commodity Futures Trading Commission CFTC, the reason behind why the U.S. is in its restricted regions list. BitMEX has also restricted access to customers across three different countries including its base country, Seychelles. The news of geofencing its customers across the aforementioned regions is not yet clear.
BitMEX also experienced a huge outward flow of funds following its tangle with Nouriel Roubini who single-handedly ramped up a campaign against the exchange with allegations of loose KYC/AML policies.
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?