Cryptocurrency market is experiencing a severe crash this year than highs of $20000 during these days in last year. During an interview with CNBC, Stephen Pair, CEO of BitPay says that ‘Big component of Bitcoin’s price is ‘speculation’.
Bitcoin Price – Fair, Overvalued or Undervalued?
In a discussion today on December 14, 2018, Stephen pair spoke about the Bitcoin price and the evolution of blockchain technology. While questions about the reason behind Bitcoin’s current price, whether the value is fairer, overvalued or undervalued’, Stephen said that;
A “very big” component of Bitcoin’s price represents investors’ speculation on future usage and adoption of the technology.
While he is confident that speculation is a big component, he said that the small component is the ‘volatility’. Stephen claimed that due to the volatility of Bitcoin’s nature, Bitpay is focusing on building those products that customers will find valuable.
Is Bitcoin ETF a Reason behind the Price of Bitcoin
The conversation also mentioned his opinion on Bitcoin ETF and its effect on the performance of cryptocurrencies because in late November 2018, Bitpay’s Chief Commercial Officer(CCO), Sonny Singh interacted Bloomberg and talked about his prediction for Bitcoin in the year 2019. He reportedly said that;
“I would say, if these traditional incumbents do launch their products, actually, you would see price maybe around $15,000, possibly even $20,000 by the end of next year.” Looking at Bitcoin ETF
On similar reference, Stephen says that ‘not just Bitcoin ETF, there are many catalysts too’. He said that customer’s need of using cryptocurrency’ will actually put prices higher. However, Stephen is quite confident about the figures predicted by Bitpay’s CCO, i.e $15,000 to $20,000 at some point in future, provided that if history repeats.
When Will Blockchain Goes Mainstream?
Responding to CNBC, Stephen went on to say that the ‘blockchain is a database that people use to engage one another’. Nevertheless, cryptocurrency is one application of blockchain where the traditional database has tuned into blockchain style database’. Moreover, he predicts the period of 3-5 years to transform the application of blockchain technology into our daily lives or employing it for everyday transactions. Moreover, to turn this prediction into reality, he said that the other currencies like ‘dollar and euros’ must also be issued on blockchain technology.
He stated that;
If you go to a restaurant or retail organizations, everybody expects the stores should accept payment in the blockchain. But in order for blockchain to reach masses, it’s not just about Bitcoin, its about issuing dollars or euros on the blockchain. It shouldn’t just be the payment denominated in terms of bitcoin but all digital assets can be used as a payment.
Conclusively, he pointed out that the Bitpay is building its platform working on these features.
Do you think that the speculation certainly a reason behind the price of Bitcoin? let’s discuss.
- Just-In: Bitcoin May Soon Be A Legal Tender in Arizona
- OpenSea Fixes Vulnerability, But Users Are Still Losing NFTs To Hackers
- Crypto Mining: Putin Says Russia Has a ‘Competitive Advantage’ – Wants to ‘Tax and Regulate,’ Not Ban It
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?