San Francisco, CA, 30th October, 2021,
TRON, one of the world’s largest and most popular blockchain-based operating systems, and BitTorrent, the leader in peer-to-peer protocols and products, announced the official launch of BitTorrent Chain (BTTC) on October 30th, 2021. BTTC marks TRON and BitTorrents’ first-ever foray into the cross-chain field, heralding the advent of a whole new era! Now calling for quality projects and institutions around the world.
BTTC is the first heterogeneous cross-chain interoperability protocol built on TRON, co-developed by the core teams of BitTorrent and TRON. The protocol adopts a PoS (Proof of Stake) consensus mechanism, deploying multiple Super Representatives to validate transactions, and is compatible with EVM. Furthermore, BTTC will support and be compatible with TRON, Ethereum, and Binance Smart Chain (BSC) upon its release, allowing users to transfer mainstream assets among TRON, Ethereum, and BSC in a decentralized manner without any restrictions.
To further enhance the BitTorrent Chain (BTTC) ecosystem and tap into talent for community management, the team behind BTTC has decided to launch the BTTC Super Representative (node validator) application and recruit quality Super Representatives from global communities. Super Representatives have played a vital role in public chains as they evolve; they ensure the smooth operation of the entire public chain system while serving as the direct representation of the blockchain value of decentralization. As a general rule, an institution or individual needs to stake a certain amount of tokens as required to apply to be a Super Representative on the PoS chain. Super Representatives that fulfill their functions will receive rewards from the system.
BitTorrent Chain (BTTC) is committed to building a healthy TRON ecosystem that benefits all its global users and welcomes the participation of outstanding institutions and project teams. Participants who successfully apply will receive a formal notice after the application is closed and officially participate in the BTTC Super Representative election.
The election of BitTorrent Chain (BTTC) Super Representatives will be held synchronically on TRON. During the election, BTT holders will be able to vote by staking. Thus, anyone is welcome to this completely decentralized BTTC Super Representative election, and BTT holders can not only cast votes by staking but enjoy staking rewards from their votes.
It is worth noting that the election channel will be closed once the Super Representative quota and BTT staking volume reach the upper limit. After becoming a Super Representative, users can earn a certain amount of BTT and participate in community governance.
The specific election scheme and reward rules will be announced soon. Stay tuned!
About TRON and BitTorrent
Founded in 2004, BitTorrent is one of the largest decentralized peer-to-peer networks in the world, with almost 100 million active users driving 22% of upstream and 3% of downstream traffic globally.
TRON is dedicated to accelerating the decentralization of the internet VIA blockchain technology and decentralized applications (DaPPS). Founded in September 2017 by Justin Sun, the company has continued to deliver impressive achievements since MainNet launch in May 2018. July 2018 also marked the acquisition of BitTorrent, a pioneer in decentralized services boasting nearly 100M monthly active users. The TRON ecosystem has gained incredible traction in recent years, with over 52 million users on the blockchain and upwards of 2.3 billion transactions. In addition, TRON boasts the largest circulating supply of stable coins across the globe, overtaking USDT on Ethereum in April 2021.
- [email protected]
- GBTC Share Price Tanks As the Bitcoin Fund Trades At Record Discount
- Terra Ecosystem Announces the LUNA Foundation Guard (LFG) to Boost Growth, LUNA Up 4%
- JPMorgan: High Gas Fee A Big Problem for Ethereum (ETH) Valuations, Can Lose Market Share
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?