Block Inc Jack Dorsey confirmed on Thursday, January 13, that the company is building an open Bitcoin mining system that reduces the entry barrier in Bitcoin. The new open Bitcoin mining system will be open for all, small and new miners, making it easy for users to mine from the comfort of the couch.
Currently, with the heavy costs involved with Bitcoin mining hardware, the mining industry is largely concentrated in the hand of big players. Block is making a new effort to make it more decentralized in nature. As a result, the company has already started hiring new members and building a team for the same.
Thompson Templeton, Block’s general manager for hardware made an announcement explaining the further scope of the project. On his Twitter thread, Templeton wrote:
“We want to make mining more distributed and efficient in every way, from buying, to set up, to maintenance, to mining. We’re interested because mining goes far beyond creating new bitcoin. We see it as a long-term need for a future that is fully decentralized and permissionless”.
The executive further added that Block Inc’s team has started working on customer pain points for addressing specific technical challenges.
Addressing Three Important Challenges for Bitcoin Mining
- Availability: Te availability and procurement of the mining equipment is one of the biggest challenges for new Bitcoin miners. Besides, the equipment is expensive and deliveries are unpredictable. Block Inc wants to make it easy for users to purchase the mining rigs, anytime, anywhere.
- Reliability: Functional issues of Bitcoin mining equipment are on the rise along with issues of overheating. This results in a time-consuming reboot and loss of mining revenue. block Inc is also looking to address this issue at hand.
- Performance: The use of mining rigs results in the generation of unwarranted harmonics in the power grid. This makes it extremely noisy for home use. Block Inc will be thus working on creating a balance between lower power consumption and higher hashrates.
To overcome these challenges, Block Inc is currently exploring options by “evaluating various IP blocks (since we’re open to making a new ASIC), open-source miner firmware, and other system software offerings”.
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Elon Musk Shamed After DogeBonk Took The ‘Moon Mission’ Challenge To The SpaceX Factory
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?