Sirin Labs, a company behind Finney blockchain smartphone has recently announced to lay off its 15 out of 60 employees. Less than a month ago, Sirin Labs had teamed up with MyEtherWallet, Ethereum wallet generating service for an integration benefiting both the firm. Following the latest lay-off announcement, one specific reason that has revealed is ‘poor sales’.
Sirin Labs Lay-Off 15 out of 60 Employees
‘Sales are not what we expected’ – a very short yet precise reason behind Sirin Lab’s lay off announcement. Per the reports, the firm is not satisfied with the outcome than what they outlined it supposed to be. Ultimately, it says that the customers are disappointed with the recently launched blockchain phones – henceforth the poor sales.
The reports were confirmed by the Sirin Labs’s lead after the rumors spread the web – in fact, CEO Moshe Hogeg comes forth to response the rumors and said that they have already laid off 15 staff. The firm had reportedly completed the development of Finney phone equipped with digital wallets and other applications required to utilize digital currencies within. Moreover, the phone’s launch finally hit the market in November 2018 and was reportedly available at a price of $999. Nevertheless, Lionel Messi, Argentinian soccer star was also on the limelight as Finney phone’s brand ambassador. Speaking to the media report, Moshe Hogeg says that;
The global market is not in the best state
No, Not Due to Bear Market
Although lay off rumors were not just rumors but turned out to reality after CEO’s response but the firm disproved to other statements that say – Sirin Labs failed to pay staff payments. Responding to this context, CEO said that the firm had already paid the wages of March on April 15 and will be paid off for the month of April the next day (supposed to be on April 16).
Addressing the sales performance of Finney phone, Sirin Labs said;
Sales are not what we expected, said Sirin Labs by adding, the company gives some of its work to outsourcing and plans to focus on development and distribution of the software,
While it comes to lay-off in crypto space, the industry has already recorded such incidents among many big names – including Bitmain, Huobi, Shapeshift and very recently Ledger Wallet. In fact, such announcement comes during the downtrend in crypto prices – but the Sirin Labs is citing the report of poor sale and not declining crypto market prices.
Nevertheless, Sirin Labs isn’t the only firm developing blockchain phone – crypto and blockchain enthusiasts can turn their ways to EXODUS 1 (from HTC) and Galaxy S10 (from Samsung) which offers blockchain features including dApp.
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?