Fidelity Investments, one of the largest US asset managers with $4 trillion in AUM launched its first Bitcoin (BTC) spot ETF in Canada. The new spot ETF would be called Fidelity Advantage Bitcoin ETF and will be represented by the ticker symbol $FBTC. The fund will buy physical BTC from the market and issue shares against it.
Fidelity’s decision to launch its spot Bitcoin ETF in Canada instead of the US shows, that the institutional firms are not going to wait for the US SEC approval to launch their product. Recently, the US SEC approved two Futures Bitcoin ETFs while rejecting the spot ETF proposal, claiming the BTC market is not mature enough and prone to manipulation. Fidelity was among the first BTC spot ETF applicants and also lobbied privately with the SEC but failed to convince them.
SEMI-SHOCK: Fidelity launching a spot bitcoin ETF in Canada this week. Didn't know about this. Will easily be the biggest asset manager to date with a bitcoin ETF. pic.twitter.com/H2XJRBY3O6
— Eric Balchunas (@EricBalchunas) November 30, 2021
The Crypto community lashed out at Gensler led SEC heavily for purposely approving a Futures based ETF rather than a spot one. Many claim the reason for such a decision was because it’s easier to manipulate a futures-based market than a spot one.
Is US Losing Bitcoin ETF Race?
Canada has become a growing hotspot for Bitcoin-based institutional products especially ETFs. Canada became the first country to approve a spot Bitcoin ETF from Purpose Group’s nearly a year before the US. Canada is not the only country that has approved a spot BTC ETF, recently Singapore also joined the ranks after it approved two new spots Bitcoin-based institutional ETFs.
Bloomberg ETF analysts had predicted that the SEC will likely approve a Bitcoin Futures ETF first and eventually approve a spot ETF by the first quarter of 2022. On one hand, the lawmakers have assured of positive regulations to keep the US ahead in the digital asset race, while on the other US federal agencies continue to crack down on crypto businesses.
- Microsoft’s Activision Acquisition Bullish for SHIB Community- Shiba Inu Spokesperson
- GBTC Share Price Tanks As the Bitcoin Fund Trades At Record Discount
- Terra Ecosystem Announces the LUNA Foundation Guard (LFG) to Boost Growth, LUNA Up 4%
- JPMorgan: High Gas Fee A Big Problem for Ethereum (ETH) Valuations, Can Lose Market Share
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?