Silicon Valley, California-based venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) is looking to raise $4.5 billion for new funds, reports Yahoo Finance!. The company told its investors that it is looking for $3.5 billion for a crypto venture fund.
Andreessen intends to finalize the latest funds by March, the firm declined to comment. If things go according to plan, the company’s haul would efficiently overtake any other funds raised to make early bets on cryptocurrency start-ups.
Announcing American Dynamism at @a16z. We're looking for serious founders who want to build for America. Learn more about our mission, what we stand for and why we’re investing in American Dynamism now. https://t.co/FPNH7wwDni
— Katherine Boyle (@KTmBoyle) January 14, 2022
The fund will surpass the $2.2 billion it raised in June last year for its Crypto Fund III. It was the largest in the industry at the time.
Andreessen Horowitz targets $1 billion fund
The Yahoo report adds that the company targets another $1 billion in funding to invest in seed funding for digital asset startups.
The report further added that the above discussions were held last week.
The new crypto budget would be the industry’s biggest, surpassing the $2.5 billion raised by Paradigm in November. It arrived weeks after Katie Haun, an a16z partner, said she was leaving the company to start her own venture capital corporation.
Andreessen Horowitz backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. The company aims to connect entrepreneurs, investors, executives, engineers, academics, industry experts, and others in the technology ecosystem, according to its official website.
The company plans to invest in Topography Health
Earlier in the day, the company posted on its blog that it plans to invest in Topography health. The blog post read, “We’re excited to invest in Topography Health. CEO Alexander Saint-Amand and team are building a managed marketplace to improve the throughput and diversity of clinical trials. ” Read the complete blog post here.
Andreessen Horowitz funds in both early-stage startups and established growth businesses. Its assets span the mobile, cryptocurrency, gaming, social, e-commerce, education, and enterprise IT industries
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long
- Avalanche Price Analysis: AVAX Sellers Tease $30 Fallout; Sell or Hold?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE