Binance said on Wednesday it is working closely with Terra over the blockchain’s recently-approved revival plan.
The world’s largest crypto exchange said in a tweet it aims to help users impacted by the Terra crash.
The move comes just shortly after the Terra community voted in favor of the recovery proposal. 65.5% of holders voted yes on the revival plan, while little over 13% voted against it.
Terra will now launch a new blockchain, Terra 2.0, and airdrop a new LUNA token to holders on the old chain. The old Terra will be renamed to Terra Classic, and its native token will now be called LUNA Classic (LUNC).
Binance had delisted LUNA, UST
Binance had delisted LUNA and UST earlier in May in response to the Terra crash. UST had fallen sharply from its $1 peg, while LUNA lost nearly 99% of its value. The crash has now wiped out about $30 billion worth of investor money.
It was not immediately clear how Binance would support Terra, and whether the exchange will list the new LUNA token.
We are working closely with the Terra team on the recovery plan, aiming to provide impacted users on Binance with the best possible treatment.
Binance could be just providing data to Terra for its upcoming airdrop. Terra founder Do Kwon had earlier said Terraform Labs was working with major exchanges to gather data for the airdrop.
Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao had criticized Terra over the crash, calling it avoidable if the team had intervened earlier. Zhao also called Terra’s design flaw “most stupid,” on the grounds that minting more of an asset would increase its market capital.
Still, Binance had also received flak for listing and promoting Terra.
Terra 2.0’s listing fate uncertain
So far, most major exchanges have provided scant details on whether they will list Terra 2.0.
Local media reports from South Korea suggest that major exchanges in the country are hesitant to list the new token, given that it is subject to a government investigation.
But Upbit, South Korea’s largest exchange, is reportedly open to listing Terra 2.0. Crypto exchange HitBTC also said in a Tweet it will support the new token.
- Are Hedge Funds Planning USDT Dump? Tether CTO Responds To Rumors
- Here’s Why Apecoin (APE) Price Is Skyrocketing Today
- Crypto Prices Falling Despite “Buy The Dip” Sentiment, Data Reveals Why
- Institutional Traders Dumped Bitcoin At A Record Pace Last Week
- Terra USTC Jumps 300%; Lands Back In Top 100 Cryptos
- Ripple’s EX CTO Dumps 40 million XRP tokens In Last 10 Days
- Dogecoin Soars 35%, Here’s Why Breaking This Level Is Crucial
- Crypto Lender Nexo Denies Fraud, Issues Cease And Desist Notice
- Ethereum (ETH) Price Rise and Stability Pulls Broader Crypto Market to $1 Trillion
- Scoop: This Hedge Fund Is Trying To Bailout BlockFi To Counter FTX
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000
- SHIB Price Analysis: Overhead Supply Pressure Hints SHIB to Retest $0.00001
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3