Croatia’s largest supermarket chain the Konzum retail chain will start accepting crypto payments on their online store starting today. Konzum is the first retail giant in Croatia to start accepting Bitcoin (BTC) and a few other altcoins as a mode of payment. Individuals as well businesses can now buy daily usage groceries and 12,000 products from Konzum online store using cryptocurrencies.
Konzum plans to expand the crypto payment option to its physical retail stores across the country in the coming months. The store says crypto payments will be as seamless as card payments and users can simply select one of the nine crypto payment options and scan the barcode to complete the transactions. Customers can pay in Bitcoin (BTC), Ether (ETH), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), EOS, DAI, XRP, Stellar Lumen (XLM), Tether (USDT), and USDC.
Uros Kalinic, a member of Konzum’s Finance and IT Management Board said,
“The introduction of cryptocurrency payments is another indicator that Konzum is constantly monitoring global trends, introducing innovations, and setting a standard in the retail sector. We continue to invest in the development of innovations and technologies.”
The crypto payments at the retail chain’s online store would be facilitated in association with the domestic fintech company Electrocoin. Electrocoin has developed a new crypto payment processor called PayCeck. The PayCeck system would also eliminate crypto volatility risks and would offer fixed exchange rates to customers at the time of the payment.
Crypto Adoption on the Rise
2021 has proven to be the year of crypto breaking out into the mainstream where crypto firms have attracted $21 billion in funding this year. Apart from crypto companies becoming more mainstream, existing retail and cinema giants have added crypto payments due to growing popularity. Earlier, the largest cinema chain in the US, AMC Theaters introduced a crypto payment option.
El Salvador is another prime example of a successful Bitcoin experiment after becoming a legal tender there. Be it a small cart owner selling fast food or large fast-food chains such as McDonald’s, all accept Bitcoin payment and customers are using the service on a daily basis.
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?