The Founder of Terra, Do Kwon, and the collapse of Luna are the most talked about topics from the beginning of this month. After proposing some revival plans for the chain, Kwon finally gave out some replies clearing the air over certain issues.
Terra controls 0.1% of LUNA’s supply
Do Kwon acknowledge the reports surfacing over the internet of him being shifting to another country just a few days before the crash. He replied that he has been living in Singapore since December 2021. However, it was a long planned and a personal decision. Meanwhile, he mentioned that Korea has zero crypto taxes and a much cheaper cost of living. He added that he has talked about this in many podcasts and interviews.
Kwon replied that shutting down a company just takes some time, and timing is purely coincidental. However, he also revealed that they are controlling less than 0.1% of the LUNA’s supply thus it’s difficult to burn the tokens in order to help the community.
Is Terra evading Tax liabilities?
Terra founder said that his organisation doesn’t have any outstanding tax liability left in South Korea. The Nationale Tax agency conducted an audit across all the crypto companies. The Korean tax code was applied to every foreign company and Terra paid in full.
As per reports, the South Korean tax agency is after the Terra founder imposing a tax of around $78 Million. The tax authorities are after Kwon over evading Corporate and Income tax. It was also reported that Terra wasn’t happy with the country’s taxation policies.
Refuting the reports, Kwon asserted these are just interesting gossip. Meanwhile, he mentioned that the Korean government required money to keep moving covid spending. They have charged million from the crypto companies and Terra also paid its completer share.
Meanwhile, there are also reports coming from the nation that playmakers are demanding to summon Kwon over different allegations. To this Kwon replied that he is happy to engage with any legislative inquiry to the best of his ability.
- Are Hedge Funds Planning USDT Dump? Tether CTO Responds To Rumors
- Here’s Why Apecoin (APE) Price Is Skyrocketing Today
- Crypto Prices Falling Despite “Buy The Dip” Sentiment, Data Reveals Why
- Institutional Traders Dumped Bitcoin At A Record Pace Last Week
- Terra USTC Jumps 300%; Lands Back In Top 100 Cryptos
- Ripple’s EX CTO Dumps 40 million XRP tokens In Last 10 Days
- Dogecoin Soars 35%, Here’s Why Breaking This Level Is Crucial
- Crypto Lender Nexo Denies Fraud, Issues Cease And Desist Notice
- Ethereum (ETH) Price Rise and Stability Pulls Broader Crypto Market to $1 Trillion
- Scoop: This Hedge Fund Is Trying To Bailout BlockFi To Counter FTX
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000
- SHIB Price Analysis: Overhead Supply Pressure Hints SHIB to Retest $0.00001
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3