The latest update in the Indian Cryptocurrency and Regulation of Official Digital Currency Bill, 2021 saw the Finance Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman ascertain that, the crypto bill which is to be introduced in the Parliament this winter, will most definitely differ from the one drafted in February 2021. As of now, the government is waiting on approval from the Cabinet to finally present the bill in the Parliament house. However, this exclusive update, has provided the Indian community with much clarity, given the former concern, around the similar wordings of both the bills.
FM on Crypto Bill.
This looks promising. pic.twitter.com/RAej8ocJ9R
— Crypto India 🔑 (@CryptooIndia) November 30, 2021
The Finance Minister noted that while the market is raging with speculations, that much like the last time, the government is yet again hyping up a bill which they eventually may not come up with. However, Sitharaman cleared the air, claiming that the new bill has also onboarded the previous bill’s research and is updated to meet the requirements of the present state, turning it into a bill which will be far more recent and improved.
Sitharaman spoke in the Lok Sabha today noting that the government is ready to introduce the new crypto bill. She said, “Last time there was a bill proposed but subsequently there were other dimensions which in the real time we thought it was important to bring into the bill. That bill had been reworked and in a way the bill which is coming now is a new but never mind the work done on that have all been taken onboard…Earlier attempt was definitely to come up with a bill, but later because rapidly a lot of things had to come into play, we had started working on a new bill and this is the bill which is now being proposed. once the cabinet clears it, it will come into the house.”
Ban on Indian Crypto Ads
The Finance Minister addressed issues like dubious activities using crypto, affirming that the authorities are keeping a close eye. Following this, she also highlighted the issue of banning the “misleading” crypto ads by cryptocurrency exchanges, mentioning that the government has not decided on a pro or anti-ban stance, as of now. Although, she emphasized that the current guidelines and regulations provided by the Advertisements Standards Council of India (ASCI), which governs all advertisements, are currently being studied and only after thorough research the government can lay out a strategy.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?