IndianDespite numerous claims from various sources that India might outrightly ban crypto, the Indian Government has just confirmed otherwise. In fact, before now, there has been an air of anxiety in the Crypto industry as everyone had been eagerly waiting on a positive regulation, only to find out, that the wordings of the crypto bill was still the same as that of last year, repeating the plans of the government to ban private crypto. However, according to new reports by NDTV, there will be a new crypto bill which is expected to be approved by the Cabinet by the end of next week.
Indian Government Passes Crypto Note, Issues Regulatory Framework
According to the Cabinet note that was circulated by the government, there will be a few changes to be made to the new crypto bill. They are highlighted below:
1. Legislation will now refer as ‘crypto assets’ and not cryptocurrency.
2. Crypto will not be recognized as a legal tender in India. At least not yet.
3. There’ll be no banning of private cryptocurrency, they will only be regulated.
4. Crypto in India will be regulated by Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
5. The proposed virtual currency of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has not been clubbed with the new bill.
6. An ultimatum will be given for those who have crypto assets, to bring them under regulated crypto exchange platforms.
7. Anyone found violating the stipulated regulations will be penalized with punishments of up to 18 months with an additional penalty of between 5 to 20 crore.
More updates will be added as soon as they are available. But for now, Indian crypto enthusiasts, and private crypto assets holders can heave a sigh of relief.
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?