Leading Bitcoin investment company, NYDIG has just completed a whopping $1 billion funding round, bringing the company’s total valuation to above $7 billion.
NYDIG Raises $1 Billion, Hopes To Become Leading Provider of Bitcoin Solutions
NYDIG revealed the amount of capital raised from the funding round, in a Tuesday press release where it also confirmed the firms that participated in the round.
Per the press release, WestCap led the round, with participation from the likes of FIS, MassMutual, Bessemer Venture Partners, Fiserv, Morgan Stanley, New York Life, and others.
Meanwhile, the co-founder and CEO of NYDIG, Robert Gutmann has explained the rationale behind the kind of partners and investors that came to be in the round. In his explanation, Gutmann claims that the partnership sought was a strategic one, in that it would lay the groundwork for NYDIG in it’s quest to become the leading provider of Bitcoin solutions for businesses in any industry. He then added that, the newly raised funds will help bolster the achievement of the firm’s ambitions.
More Details From The Press Release
Also contained in the press release, were many more futuristic plans of the institutional Bitcoin broker. Part of those plans is to improve on the present NYDIG’s institutional-grade Bitcoin platform. And the firm will be able to achieve this, all thanks to recent upgrades on the Bitcoin protocol that now allows capabilities such as asset tokenization, smart contracts, Bitcoin payments, and Lightning payments.
Interestingly, this funding brings NYDIG atop FTX crypto exchange who also completed a $900 million funding round back in July.
So far in 2021, NYDIG, has had some good funding rounds as well. In March, the company which offers bitcoin trading and custody, raised $200 million in a round that was led by Morgan Stanley, New York Life and MassMutual. And by April, it raised another $100 million.
- Hard Fork Vs Genesis Chain: Terra Team Clears Air Around Debate
- Prominent Investment Officer Predicts More Downside For Bitcoin Price, Here’s Why
- Investors Move $141 Million Out Of Crypto: CoinShares Report
- Just In: S. Korea Police Seek To Guard LUNA Assets
- Incoming Shiba Inu Rally? Over 22 Billion SHIB Tokens Burned Across 497 Transactions
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Just-In: South Korea May Sue Crypto Exchanges Over Terra Crash
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?