We have key news coming up from Polygon developers as they unveil the world’s fastest ZK Scaling Technology, Polnky2. This is a part of the Polygon Zero mission that uses zero-knowledge proofs to scale the Ethereum blockchain to a billion users.
As per the official announcement, Plonky2 is a recursive SNARK that’s natively compatible with Ethereum and 100x faster than the existing alternatives. The announcement further adds:
Plonky2 combines PLONK and FRI for the best of STARKs, with fast proofs and no trusted setup, and the best of SNARKs, with support for recursion and low verification cost on Ethereum.
One of the biggest strengths of ZK-Proofs is recursion. Meaning it allows one SNARK to verify the other SNARKs making the network performance even faster. Apart from being faster, the recursive process is less resource-intensive and more decentralized.
Recursive proofs help in significantly reducing the proving times and thus are very critical for blockchain scalability.
Plonky2 Compatibility With Ethereum
As the blog post notes, the scaling technology of Plonky2 is completely compatible with the Etheruem blockchain. the latest step will also help Polygon transition from being just a solution provider to building the future of Ethereum. The blog post notes:
ZK L2s have benefited from a lot of hype, but current solutions rely on cryptographic primitives that are inefficient and limit scalability. Ultimately, L2’s will compete on throughput and cost, and Plonky2 gives the Polygon ecosystem the opportunity to build the most performant and scalable L2s.
This is yet another feather to the cap of Polygon which has been releasing some promising updates over the last few months. As a result, investors are also keen on getting their hands on Polygon’s native cryptocurrency MATIC. Soon after the news, the MATIC price jumped another 3% and is currently trading at a price of $2.16.
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long
- Avalanche Price Analysis: AVAX Sellers Tease $30 Fallout; Sell or Hold?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE