Hashed, South Korea’s leading venture capital firm with a focus on Web 3.0 projects has come under an investigation from the National Taxation Service (NTS), as per a report in Ajunews. The report noted that the investigation is an in-depth inspection rather than a regular query with the main focus on the background of the company.
The tax investigation for Hashed also comes after its recent $200 million Web 3.0 fundraise. Many believe the blockchain venture capital firm is being investigated for tax evasion. The NTS refused to offer any clarity behind the nature of the investigation, however, one of the officials said,
“We cannot confirm information related to tax investigations on individual companies.”
“However, starting a special tax investigation on small businesses with small appearances is not infrequently related to slush fundraising or tax evasion by the company’s CEO,”
Hashed is a first-generation virtual asset investment firm established in 2017 and became a leading VC firm in South Korea. However, the company has seen a gradual decline in revenue over the past three years, which is why many were surprised by the sudden investigation. Industry insiders also claimed that it’s quite unusual for NTS to conduct a special investigation on a small firm like Hashed.
South Korea Tightens Regulatory Stance on Crypto
South Korea is among the leading nations in terms of crypto regulation implementation. It was the first nation to impose a blanket ban on any form of ICOs, it was also among the first nations to implement new AMLD5 regulations for crypto firms. The country also became the first nation to impose a 20% tax on crypto gains outside the existing tax rules which recently got postponed by a year amid concerns raised by experts.
South Korean regulators are reportedly also looking to impose a tax on NFTs as they believe it cannot be regulated similar to crypto tax gains.
- Are Hedge Funds Planning USDT Dump? Tether CTO Responds To Rumors
- Here’s Why Apecoin (APE) Price Is Skyrocketing Today
- Crypto Prices Falling Despite “Buy The Dip” Sentiment, Data Reveals Why
- Institutional Traders Dumped Bitcoin At A Record Pace Last Week
- Terra USTC Jumps 300%; Lands Back In Top 100 Cryptos
- Ripple’s EX CTO Dumps 40 million XRP tokens In Last 10 Days
- Dogecoin Soars 35%, Here’s Why Breaking This Level Is Crucial
- Crypto Lender Nexo Denies Fraud, Issues Cease And Desist Notice
- Ethereum (ETH) Price Rise and Stability Pulls Broader Crypto Market to $1 Trillion
- Scoop: This Hedge Fund Is Trying To Bailout BlockFi To Counter FTX
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000
- SHIB Price Analysis: Overhead Supply Pressure Hints SHIB to Retest $0.00001
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3