Terra’s widely watched revival plan has now officially passed, with 65.5% of holders in approval of the move.
Under the proposal, the Terra 2.0 blockchain will now be officially launched on May 27, beginning with an airdrop of new LUNA tokens to holders on the old chain.
Terra validator Orbital Command also said in a tweet that the testnet for Terra 2.0 is now live.
The blockchain is now set to take a snapshot at its 7,790,000 block by May 26, with the airdrop set to commence later this week. Initial liquidity from the airdrop will be evenly distributed between large and small holders of the old LUNA.
While holders from before and after the crash will be subject to the airdrop, holders from prior to the crash will receive more tokens.
65.5% of LUNA holders approve Terra 2.0
About 83.3% of LUNA holders- 305.98 million holders- participated in the vote. Of that figure, nearly 21% abstained from voting, while over 13% voted against the move.
13.2% of voters have vetoed the move. It is still unclear how the veto will be considered by Terra.
Terra founder Do Kwon and Terraform Labs (TFL) recently said they were collecting snapshot data from major exchanges for the airdrop. LUNA and UST holders across all Terra DeFi platforms will be eligible for the airdrop.
TFL and Kwon will also play no part in Terra 2.0, with their wallets being excluded from the airdrop. The new blockchain will be entirely “community owned.”
The old blockchain will be called Terra Classic, with its native token to be changed to LUNA Classic (LUNC).
Who will list the new LUNA?
But it is unclear how the new LUNA will be traded. In the wake of the crash, most major exchanges had delisted UST and LUNA.
Terra is allegedly facing difficulty in listing the new LUNA in South Korea- a major market for the token. Reports from local media suggest that most of the country’s top exchanges are against listing the new token.
This also due to Kwon and TFL coming under investigation by the South Korean government over allegations of embezzlement and tax evasion.
- Uniswap ($UNI) Surges 45% As Trading Fees Surpass Ethereum
- Ethereum Merge Delay? Developers Concerned Over Shadow Fork
- MINA Price Jumps By 20% Over This Announcement
- Bitcoin Mining Data Suggests More Price Dumps Ahead; Details
- This Bitcoin Bear Market Is Unlike Any Other, Here’s Why
- Here’s Why Shiba Inu Ecosystem Tokens’ Prices Are Shooting Up
- Goldman Sachs Likely to Raise $2 Billion To Acquire Celsius Assets, But Here’s the Catch
- Here’s Why SEC Chair Wants Single Rulebook For All Crypto Trading
- Huge Cardano Breakout Imminent After This Resistance Level?
- Shibarium To Launch Soon; How It Can Pump Shiba Inu Prices?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3
- Solana Price Analysis: SOL Price Rallying North With Eyes On $59
- XRP Price Analysis: Trendline Reversal Could Dump XRP Back to $0.3
- AXS Price Analysis: Rising AXS Price Aims To Reclaim $17.6 Mark
- Polygon Price Analysis: Can Trendline Breakout Lead MATIC to $0.75?
- ArbiSmart Price Analysis: RBIS Retests Multi-month Support; Buy this Dip?
- Waves Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern Threatens to Break $4.16 Support
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Trendline Fakeout Could Tumble APE by 25%
- Uniswap Price Analysis: Can Ongoing Recovery Carry UNI Price to $8?
- SHIB Price Analysis: $0.00001 Breakout Could Pump SHIB by 33%