The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is the latest addition to the crypto evolution. The UFC announced that from now they will be rewarding a bonus in Bitcoin (BTC) to its fighter on its pay-per-view events. A bonus of $60,000 worth of BTC will be distributed among the top three fighters evaluated by fan voting.
$60,000 worth of BTC to be distributed
These BTC rewards will be joining the traditional cash bonus for Fight of the Night and individual performance in the event. As per the release, the Top 3 fan vote getters will be getting Bitcoin rewards of $30,000, $20,000, and $10,000, respectively.
The move is a part of a 10-year, $175 million deal between Crypto.com and the mixed martial arts (MMA) organization. It is reported to be the biggest sponsorship for UFC. Last year, the platform struck the deal to become the UFC’s official Kit partner. In November, the partnership expanded into launching an exclusive series of UFC NFT.
Dana White, UFC president, praised Crypto.com for being the best partner they ever had. While he also mentioned that this new fan bonus of the night will attract new more fans to their event. On the other hand, it will reward the fighters for their performance.
Crypto.com getting into sports field
The announced Bitcoin reward will be first featured in UFC 273 main event which will be fought on April 9. This reward announced just before the scheduled fight can be termed as a promotional move by both parties.
Cryptocurrency adoption in the field of athletics increased dramatically. Many sports stars are now taking their paychecks in crypto only. However, Crypto.com has reportedly bid $700 million to put his name over 2 NBA teams’ ground.
Crypto.com has unfolded its promotional campaign covering different sports fields. This includes Formula 1® Crypto.com Miami Grand Prix, partnerships with Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) Philadelphia 76ers, Australian Football League.
- Are Hedge Funds Planning USDT Dump? Tether CTO Responds To Rumors
- Here’s Why Apecoin (APE) Price Is Skyrocketing Today
- Crypto Prices Falling Despite “Buy The Dip” Sentiment, Data Reveals Why
- Institutional Traders Dumped Bitcoin At A Record Pace Last Week
- Terra USTC Jumps 300%; Lands Back In Top 100 Cryptos
- Ripple’s EX CTO Dumps 40 million XRP tokens In Last 10 Days
- Dogecoin Soars 35%, Here’s Why Breaking This Level Is Crucial
- Crypto Lender Nexo Denies Fraud, Issues Cease And Desist Notice
- Ethereum (ETH) Price Rise and Stability Pulls Broader Crypto Market to $1 Trillion
- Scoop: This Hedge Fund Is Trying To Bailout BlockFi To Counter FTX
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000
- SHIB Price Analysis: Overhead Supply Pressure Hints SHIB to Retest $0.00001
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3