Digital assets manager Valkyrie has applied with the SEC to list a new Bitcoin-focused exchange-traded fund on Nasdaq. In the filing, Valkyrie highlighted that its Valkyrie Bitcoin Miners ETF will invest 80% of its net assets in firms in the crypto mining ecosystem. The ETF is awaiting approval and will mark the crypto asset manager’s third Bitcoin-focused ETF.
Valkyrie applies to list Bitcoin miners ETF on Nasdaq
Valkyrie today filed a new ETF application with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) that seeks to offer investors exposure to stocks in Bitcoin on the regulated Nasdaq exchange. The ETF, which will be called the Valkyrie Bitcoin Miners ETF and will have the ticker WGMI, if approved will allow Valkyrie to offer investors exposure to firms that get at least 50% of their profit from Bitcoin mining.
“The Fund is an actively-managed exchange-traded fund (“ETF”) that will invest at least 80% of its net assets (plus borrowings for investment purposes) in securities of companies that derive at least 50% of their revenue or profits from bitcoin mining operations and/or from providing specialized chips, hardware, and software or other services to companies engaged in bitcoin mining,” the filing notes.
Valkyrie adds that the fund will not give direct exposure to Bitcoin as it will not invest in spot Bitcoin or even Bitcoin derivatives. The fund will also charge a management fee of 0.75% and will invest in Bitcoin mining companies globally.
The Valkyrie Bitcoin Miners ETF is the third Bitcoin-focused from the firm’s stables Valkyrie’s Bitcoin futures ETF, the Valkyrie Bitcoin Strategy ETF which began trading last October, is the firm’s only Bitcoin-related ETF to get approval so far.
Crypto pushing further into the mainstream investment market
Valkyrie’s new filing is only the latest incursion of crypto into regulated markets. Multiple crypto firms and funds have been listing on regulated exchanges like Nasdaq and the CME recently. Similarly, Core Scientific debuted on Nasdaq this month.
These moves bring the crypto market closer to institutional investors who may be restricted from investing directly in crypto due to regulations.
- Terra LUNA 2.0 Price Falls By Over 60% Hours After Airdrop
- What Is Terra LUNA 2.0, Here’s All You Need To Know
- Whales Accumulating These DeFi Tokens Amid Price Crash
- This Analyst Predicts A Bitcoin Bottom Before Bullish Momentum
- Terra Team Officially Activates Terra 2.0 Pheonix-1 mainnet, Here Are the Details
- Tron’s TRX Burn Total Exceeds 7.7 Billion
- Tron Stablecoin Reaches Key Milestone Amid Bearish Trends
- Binance Italy Gets Govt Nod, Global Expansion Goes On
- Just In: Russia Inches Closer To Crypto Adoption With Latest Move
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) Soars 9% As ETH Crashes, Here’s Why
- CRV Price Analysis: Dual Trendline Limits The CRV Bull Run
- DOT Price Analysis: Uncertainty Over DOT Price May End With Trendline Breakout
- ERON Price Analysis: Emerging Bullish Pattern Foretells 65% Rise In ERON
- AAVE Price Analysis : $95 Breakdown Rease 25% Fall In AAVE Price
- Sandbox Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout Aims SAND To Hit $2.6
- MATIC Price Analysis: Bullish Influence Grows on Consolidation
- TRON Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout may Lead TRX to $0.9 Mark
- Tezos Price Analysis: Dynamic Trendline May Carry XTZ Price to $2.4
- AAVE Price Analysis: AAVE Chart Hints Coin Holders May Lose $100 Mark
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?