According to data provided on Blockchain.com, Bitcoin’s 7-day average hash rate is oscillating around 98,000,000 TH/s representing a seven times growth for the hashing power compared to Bitcoin’s bullish trend period in December 2017. Bitcoin’s hash rate is a measure of the power needed to mine Bitcoin blocks and keep the blockchain functional.
Bitcoin's hashrate is over 7 times larger than it was during the peak of the bull run when price was at an all-time high in 2017. ?
— Rhythm (@Rhythmtrader) October 21, 2019
Bitcoin’s price however is lagging behind the impressive hash rate growth in the past 2 years – trading 55% lower than its all-time high price of $19,800 USD.
In the past 24 hours, BTC.com holds the largest hash rate pool share at 15.9% (close to 15 million TH/s); AntPool and Pooling – two public BTC mining pools – close out the top 3 mining hash rate polls with 15.8% and 13.4% of the pool share respectively.
The spike in Bitcoin’s hash rate is a direct effect to the increasing number of miners trying to get their hands on BTC and the increased production of powerful ASIC miners. An increase in hash rate implies an increase in mining difficulty (as seen in the chart below) which is a good sign for the security of the blockchain.
Upcoming developments on BTC mining
Bitcoin difficulty adjustment – which occurs every 2016 blocks (approx. 2 weeks) – is set to occur in the next 24 hours or so. The previous readjustment period saw over 10% increase in mining difficulty of Bitcoin showing increased confidence among miners to get their hands on BTC before the upcoming halving in 2020. According to one crypto trader, the market should be showing more enthusiasm given the upcoming difficulty adjustment may be even higher.
The explosion of Bitcoin hashrate is under-reported imo.
Last readjustment period (2016 blocks, or around 2 weeks) increased 10.38%.
We are about half way through the current readjustment period, and on track for another 11.85% increase.
Someone is confident….
— Anderson Micheal (@Anderso34383921) October 21, 2019
Increased difficulty coupled with a reduced supply of BTC, is a recipe for a massive bullish momentum after the halving. Currently, the price of BTC stands in the $8,200’s region with the daily charts forming a rectangular pattern that signals a possible reversal in price towards the $6,400 region before an explosion in price.
Images sourced from Blockchain.com
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Elon Musk Shamed After DogeBonk Took The ‘Moon Mission’ Challenge To The SpaceX Factory
- Cardano (ADA) Price Rises By 30% Last Week, Transactions Volume in last 24 hrs Surpasses $5 Billion
- Crypto.com Users Reportedly Lose $15 Million Or At Least 4,600 ETH
- Cardano (ADA) Dodges Broader Market Correction With Another 8% Gains
- MultiChain users at risk of Getting Hacked, as Six Cross-Chain Tokens Experiences Vulnerability
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?