Boston, Massachusetts, 14th January, 2022, Chainwire
Feature Will Invite More Widespread Community Participation In Key Network Decisions
Substrate-based DeFi privacy protocol, Manta Network, has launched the community governance feature for its Kusama-based network Calamari Network. Earlier this year, the Manta team had activated the necessary features for on-chain governance on Calamari through a runtime upgrade.
Currently, the implementation of the core community governance feature is in live, with many additional features in the pipeline. As a rapidly expanding ecosystem, the launch of the governance feature on Calamari marks a significant milestone for the Manta team. Recently, Runtime Upgrade 3.1.1, which upgraded the codebase for Calamari Network, went live on January 7, 2021, based on community governance, marking a new chapter in decentralization for the relay chain.
Following the upgrade, the Manta Network core development will no longer be able to implement or remove any features without community consent. Each proposed change on the Calamari Network will now be driven by the community, which will be divided into three phases: the launch period, the voting period, and the enactment period.
Furthermore, the community will now consist of three distinct groups, all of which will be part of governance. A group of three individuals from the Manta Core Development Team, called “The Council”, will select and submit proposals for community voting.
Anyone who holds the native Calamari (KMA) token will be considered “Public Token Holders.” Holders can use their stake to support proposals that are trying to become referendums and vote on proposals that have been accepted as referendums.
Finally, there is the “Technical Committee,” which consists of three members from the Manta Core Development team. They will be responsible for fast tracking of the three phases and ensuring that the community reaches unanimous agreement for referendums.
In terms of development, the Manta team has made noteworthy progress throughout 2021. From rolling out the mainnet version, participating and winning grants, executing several runtime upgrades, launching the Dolphin testnet, and now the community governance update, the Manta ecosystem is quickly shaping up as the go-to privacy-focused solution for DeFi.
About Manta Network
Manta Network is the on-chain privacy solution for blockchain assets, offering a range of products, including an AM DEX and a payment protocol with built-in privacy. Founded in 2020, the team is comprised of cryptocurrency veterans, professors, and scholars from backgrounds including Harvard, MIT, and Algorand. Backed by Web3 Foundation, Hypersphere Ventures co-founder Jack Platts, and Polychain partner Tekin Salimi, Manta Network also counts on support from former Web3 Foundation co-founder Ashley Tyson, Consensys’ Shuyao Kong, and several other venture capital firms and angel investors.
- Kenny Li
- [email protected]
- Ripple Objects To SECs Request To Buy More Time Following Recent Court Ruling
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?