Tron (TRX) token has come out as the top gainer among major cryptocurrencies in May. The blockchain appears to be among the few that stood their ground amid the massive market crash last week. The TRX token has managed to surge by 20% in the last 30 days, while Bitcoin (BTC) is still down by 19% in the same time.
With the introduction of its own algorithmic stablecoin (USDD), Tron is now the fourth-largest DeFi blockchain by total value locked (TVL).
Tron TVL up by 5% in last 30 days
The Tron chain’s total locked value has registered a whopping growth of over 5% in the last 1 month. Its TVL now stands at $4.31 Billion. Tron is now positioned at the 4th spot among the top TVL holder.
Meanwhile, the chain’s TVL has registered a marginal growth of 0.02% in the past 7 days. The last 2 weeks saw a huge debacle when the Terra chain and its related tokens lost their complete value. The Terra used to hold a TVL of over $30 Billion. On May 8, 2022, when the crypto market started to tumble, the terra was still holding a TVL of $24.7 Billion. However, it now just holds the locked value of $162.7 million.
Tron held the highest TVL of $6.7 Billion in November 2021. However, after the collapse of Terra a huge opportunity has opened up for the Tron Chain to capture the market.
Are USDD and UST similar?
Just a week before the collapse of TerraUSD, Tron came up with its stablecoin USDD with a similar algorithm. The industry experts even call out the project to some extent. The newly launched USDD and collapsed UST have the same burn mechanism and don’t have a minting limit. Tron has a similar plan to assemble a $10 Billion reserve fund for its stablecoin. The majority of the reserve will be holding BTC similar to UST.
Earlier, Tron announced that it has increased its reserves. The addition included a diversity of digital assets. Over $82.3 million worth of BTC, $181.6 million worth of TRX and $295.2 million of USDT were added to the fund.
- Uniswap ($UNI) Surges 45% As Trading Fees Surpass Ethereum
- Ethereum Merge Delay? Developers Concerned Over Shadow Fork
- MINA Price Jumps By 20% Over This Announcement
- Bitcoin Mining Data Suggests More Price Dumps Ahead; Details
- This Bitcoin Bear Market Is Unlike Any Other, Here’s Why
- Here’s Why Shiba Inu Ecosystem Tokens’ Prices Are Shooting Up
- Goldman Sachs Likely to Raise $2 Billion To Acquire Celsius Assets, But Here’s the Catch
- Here’s Why SEC Chair Wants Single Rulebook For All Crypto Trading
- Huge Cardano Breakout Imminent After This Resistance Level?
- Shibarium To Launch Soon; How It Can Pump Shiba Inu Prices?
- Solana Price Analysis: SOL Price Rallying North With Eyes On $59
- XRP Price Analysis: Trendline Reversal Could Dump XRP Back to $0.3
- AXS Price Analysis: Rising AXS Price Aims To Reclaim $17.6 Mark
- Polygon Price Analysis: Can Trendline Breakout Lead MATIC to $0.75?
- ArbiSmart Price Analysis: RBIS Retests Multi-month Support; Buy this Dip?
- Waves Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern Threatens to Break $4.16 Support
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Trendline Fakeout Could Tumble APE by 25%
- Uniswap Price Analysis: Can Ongoing Recovery Carry UNI Price to $8?
- SHIB Price Analysis: $0.00001 Breakout Could Pump SHIB by 33%
- Graph Price Analysis: High Volume Reversal may Drive GRT to $0.15