Cardano had an interesting last week whereby it rose into the fifth spot on the market despite the freefall in price. The staking platform boasts of a market cap of $48 billion and trails immediately behind Binance Coin.
The trading last week was gruesome not only for ADA but the entire crypto market. From the recently traded all-time high of $2.5, ADA plummeted to the support at $1.1.
However, the downswing appears to have allowed more investors to enter the market at a lower price, explaining the reflex recovery to $1.6. Moreover, a highly bullish pattern is formed on the chart and is likely to bolster Cardano significantly.
Cardano bulls focus on sustaining a falling wedge pattern breakout
The recovery included the breakout from the falling wedge pattern stalled within a whisker of brushing shoulders with $1.6. Perhaps the overhead pressure came from the resistance at the 200 Simple Moving Average.
It is apparent that bulls are fighting to hold at higher support, a move that ensures that buyers the uptrend is not sabotaged. The falling wedge is a highly bullish pattern, with a target at $2.2.
Meanwhile, Cardano must bring down the resistance at the 200 SMA on the four-hour chart and close the day above $1.6 to validate the anticipated liftoff. The Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) has a bullish outlook, cementing the prevailing technical picture.
ADA/USD four-hour chart
Looking at the other side of the picture
The Relative Strength Index (RSI) emphasizes the growing overhead pressure following the rejection at $1.6 and the 200 SMA. Its retreat below the midline is a vivid bearish picture that cannot be ignored. Therefore, investors should be prepared for the bearish leg to extend to $1.4 and $1.1 levels, respectively.
Cardano intraday levels
Spot rate: $1.5
Trend: Short-term bearish bias
Support: $1.4 and $1.1
Resistance: The 200 SMA, $1.6 and $1.8
- ETH Whales Add Polygon (MATIC) Amid Prices Surge Of 60% In Last 7 Days
- Uniswap ($UNI) Surges 45% As Trading Fees Surpass Ethereum
- Ethereum Merge Delay? Developers Concerned Over Shadow Fork
- MINA Price Jumps By 20% Over This Announcement
- Bitcoin Mining Data Suggests More Price Dumps Ahead; Details
- This Bitcoin Bear Market Is Unlike Any Other, Here’s Why
- Here’s Why Shiba Inu Ecosystem Tokens’ Prices Are Shooting Up
- Goldman Sachs Likely to Raise $2 Billion To Acquire Celsius Assets, But Here’s the Catch
- Here’s Why SEC Chair Wants Single Rulebook For All Crypto Trading
- Huge Cardano Breakout Imminent After This Resistance Level?
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3
- Solana Price Analysis: SOL Price Rallying North With Eyes On $59
- XRP Price Analysis: Trendline Reversal Could Dump XRP Back to $0.3
- AXS Price Analysis: Rising AXS Price Aims To Reclaim $17.6 Mark
- Polygon Price Analysis: Can Trendline Breakout Lead MATIC to $0.75?
- ArbiSmart Price Analysis: RBIS Retests Multi-month Support; Buy this Dip?
- Waves Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern Threatens to Break $4.16 Support
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Trendline Fakeout Could Tumble APE by 25%