Reportedly, Russian lawmakers, the State Duma is expected to finalize a bill on Digital Financial Assets within two weeks. They have already held discussions on the bill once and seem to have received positive votes from the house. Deputy Finance Minister of Russia, Alexei Moiseyev said,
“Now we are looking at the text [of the bill on digital financial assets] and within two weeks, I hope, we will come out for adoption in the second reading,”
As reported earlier on Coingape, the Russia Federation had passed a bill on digital currencies which introduced as a series of norms for the citizens to follow.
Currently, they are working on implementing the complete set of laws around cryptocurrencies and ICOs. Russia might be one of the few nations to allow ICOs under its crowdfunding laws. Moiseyev also added,
“Within the framework of this concept, ICO regulation was approved. second reading, “
The Regulatory Environment in Russia around cryptocurrencies and Bitcoin has been quite receptive compared to other nations. France also keeps a neutral attitude towards cryptocurrencies and ICOs. US, India, China and many other nations are against ICOs as they are either Ponzi schemes or based on wrong fundamentals of being a security or a cryptocurrency. However, Russia has planned to allow them unobstructedly.
A country which promotes a range of cryptocurrencies and blockchain projects can soon be expected to be inclined to hold Bitcoin [BTC]. Mati Greenspan, the Senior Market Analyst at eToro noted,
“The CBR [Central Bank of Russia] will be holding BTC reserves within 2 years. Mark my words.”
Currently, Russia holds 4554 billion US Dollars in Central Bank Reserve. If Greenspan’s prediction holds true and Russia assigns even 1% of its reserve value to Bitcoin [BTC], it’s market capitalization would increase by $45.5 billion.
Do you agree with Greenspan’s views given the current regulatory environment in Russia? Please share your views with us.
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?