The latest development in China’s Central Bank Digital Currency, post the controversial CBDC scam, saw the People’s Bank of China reinstate its determination towards expanding and advancing the development of Digital Yuan. According to Reuter’s exclusive coverage of the Bank of Finland event, where the PBOC governor, Yi Gang spoke remotely about the Chinese authorities plan to improve the design and usage of Digital Yuan.
“Going forward, we will continue to prudently advance R&D of eCNY, improve its design and use.”, said Yi.
After the CBDC scam, Chinese authorities have guaranteed to improve the privacy protection and anti-counterfeiting features of Digital Yuan along with increasing its interoperability with existing payments tools. Furthermore, according to Yi Gang’s speech, China also plans to begin testing its CBDC’s impact on the nation’s monetary policy and financial markets.
Additionally, the governor noted that Digital Yuan will now also be focused on domestic retail payments in China. With China’s central bank’s digital currency crossing $10 billion in capitalization, along with over 140 million downloads of the government’s digital currency wallet, the authorities deem it ideal to work on improving design and usage instead of imposing an absolute ban like it did on cryptocurrency in the nation. The exceptional amount of approximately $9.7 billion transactions have been successfully processed via Digital Yuan. However, authorities have not announced an official launch date for the same, while the country continues Digital Yuan’s testing phase post its debut at the China International Import Expo (CIIE).
China’s Digital Yuan Scam
Earlier this month, the authoritarian Chinese government fell face first when its promises of a secure and regulated digital currency failed with the first-ever CBDC scam in China. The Xinmi Public Security in collaboration with the Anti-fraud Center of the Zhengzhou Public Security Bureau arrested 11 suspects in the Fujian Province for illegally using digital Yuan to launder money. The authorities disclosed that China’s CBDC was being used as a medium to further launder money for an overseas fraud group hiding in Cambodia in the scam.
- Breaking: No VAT On Cryptocurrency Issuers In Russia, Details
- Just In: Robinhood Lists Chainlink (LINK); Price Up By 5%
- Just In: USDC Parent Inks Major Pact With New York Bank
- Here’s Why Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices Tumbled
- This Is Why Ethereum (ETH) Recovered Sharply From Below $1K
- Top Binance Exec To Keep Buying Bitcoin, But There’s A Catch
- Expert Sees Fed Reversing Interest Rate Hikes, How Will It Affect Crypto?
- New Bullish Cycle Likely After Bitcoin Reaches This Level, Stats Show
- Cardano (ADA) Sees Big Drop In Interest, But Is Likely Primed For A Rally
- Digital Asset Investment Products Saw Net Outflows of USD 423 Million Last Week, Sell on Rise?
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000