Since China’s central government levied cryptocurrency mining as an obsolete industry, smaller provinces are beginning to follow the electricity price hike rule for crypto mining activities. According to the Chinese Journalist, Colin Wu, Hainan Province just announced the implementation of higher electricity price of US$0.13 (0.8 yuan) per kilowatt-hour for cryptocurrency mining operations in the area. It is unsurprising, given the authorities’ long-standing anti-crypto stance, and as this new electricity price hike extends to different corners of the nation, more miners may become helpless and relocate.
After the central government announced that cryptocurrency mining was classified as an obsolete industry, China’s Hainan Province announced an increase in the punitive electricity price of US$0.13 (0.8 yuan). https://t.co/cI8Rl7xDn8
— Wu Blockchain (@WuBlockchain) December 4, 2021
According to CoinGape’s last month’s reportage, the government had already warned of an upcoming electricity price hike in lieu of continued failure to abide by the crypto-mining ban. However, the former warning was only directed towards state-owned entities so they’d quit any ongoing cryptocurrency mining operations, in fear of being forced to pay the hiked electricity prices.
Followed by that, Meng Wei, a spokeswoman for the nation’s chief economic planner, the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) declared the upcoming shutdown process of industrial-scale Bitcoin mining activities along with cracking-down state companies that have participated in the same. Meng Wei reinstated the Chinese authorities’ continued “unsustainable” arguments against crypto mining, noting that it “consumes lots of energy” and “produces lots of carbon emissions.” The authorities have levied crypto mining as an “extremely harmful” practice, which threatens to jeopardize China’s Carbon Neutral ambitions.
China Turns Against Government Employees engaged in Illegal Crypto Mining
With the Nation’s green dreams, the Chinese authorities deem it essential to completely vanish crypto from the face of its land. In its mission, after cracking on manifold private crypto mining farms, the government has turned against its own employees and have begun investigating them and their illegitimate use of public places to mine cryptocurrencies.
“In order to thoroughly implement the national work deployment on rectification of virtual currency mining and trading hype issues, orderly promote carbon peaking and carbon neutralization, and prevent and resolve risks in key areas, our province has recently launched a joint special rectification action to comprehensively combat the use of public Resources participate in virtual currency mining and trading activities.”, noted the official order by the Chinese authorities in Zhejiang province.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?