China has launched the digital wallet pilot for its digital yuan (e-CNY) on Andriod and iOS platforms. The latest development comes as the world awaits an official public launch for the country’s native CBDC. China was among the first nations to develop its sovereign digital currency after starting the development work in 2014.
According to a tweet from a local digital media platform BlockBeats, the trial version is available for anyone to download and navigate through it to understand its working. The local report read:
“This App is the official service platform of China’s CBDC for individual users to carry out pilot trials, providing e-CNY personal wallet opening and management, e-CNY exchange and circulation services.”
The e-CNY app is now available on iOS and Android app stores.
This App is the official service platform of China's CBDC for individual users to carry out pilot trials, providing e-CNY personal wallet opening and management, e-CNY exchange and circulation services.#CBDC pic.twitter.com/c8S1newxiw
— BlockBeats (@BlockBeatsChina) January 4, 2022
Earlier in 2021, a screenshot of the alleged e-CNY wallet was leaked online that was meant for internal use by banks. The current layout of the wallet seems quite different from the first leak.
The development work was completed by the end of 2019, however, the Beijing government is yet to announce a public launch. In these two years of mass trials, the digital yuan has been used in various industries and platforms. The state provinces have airdropped several million in e-CNY for people to test and use it completely.
Will China officially launch digital yuan in 2022?
The speculations around a possible official launch have been doing the rounds for years, however, each year the Chinese government and authorities only expand the scope of testing of the CBDC including online payments and insurance payment as well. Many European and Asian nations are also on the verge of starting their CBDC trials in 2022, however, China is still years ahead in terms of development and testing.
China could potentially launch its e-CNY in 2022 and the pilot version of its digital wallet is one such indication that the government might opt for a public launch. However, even without a launch e-CNY is being used in millions during the trials itself, the official launch would be an extension of the trials.
- Prominent Investment Officer Predicts More Downside For Bitcoin Price, Here’s Why
- Investors Move $141 Million Out Of Crypto: CoinShares Report
- Just In: S. Korea Police Seek To Guard LUNA Assets
- Incoming Shiba Inu Rally? Over 22 Billion SHIB Tokens Burned Across 497 Transactions
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Just-In: South Korea May Sue Crypto Exchanges Over Terra Crash
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- Just-In: PlanB Reveals Bitcoin S2F Prediction For 2024 Halving
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?