Some of the top Chinese conglomerates have already joined hands with the People’s Bank of China (PBoC) in testing the country’s own CBDC, Digital Yuan. As per the latest CNBC report, Chinese e-commerce giant JD.com has already started paying certain employees in Digital Yuan.
This comes as the PBoC looks to extend the scope of using the Digital Yuan across the nation. China has been accelerating the use of its CBDC over the last few months as it aims to replace the coins and cash in circulation within the economy, although not entirely. However, the initial focus remains on pushing the use of Digital Yuan in the domestic market and then internationally.
Currently, the Chinese central bank is conducting several pilot projects and trials across the country. The PBoC is also distributing Digital Yuan domestically either through lotteries to test the initial usage and response from the users.
On Sunday, April 25, JD.com said that it has collaborated with the PBoC for some trials. Besides, it also said that it considered paying salaries for some of its employees in Digital Yuan during January 2021. The e-commerce giant also revealed that it used PBoC’s Digital Currency Electronic Payment System (DC/EP) to make payments to other businesses.
Increasing the Scope of the Digital Yuan CBDC Use
Earlier this month, PBOC Deputy Governor Li Bo already hinted that it is looking to expand the scope of its CBDC use in the market. Hence, the central bank shall be further pushing for more trials ahead this week. As per its previous plans, the central bank is also looking to extend the use of CBDC for international athletes coming to China at the Winter Olympics 2022 next year.
Last month, Mu Changchun, director of the People’s Bank of China’s digital currency research institute briefed about pushing the use of Digital Yuan in the country’s financial system. He said that the Digital Yuan aims to provide a foundational backup to the already existing digital payment players like WeChat Pay and AliPay.
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Meta and Instagram To Allow Users To Create, Display And Sell NFTs
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?