- Gemini Exchange has been cleared to be listed on the CME pricing module.
- Gemini Expands to Australia
Gemini’s market data will be used to help price the CME Group’s Bitcoin Futures contract. Found by Winklevoss Twins, Gemini will now become the fifth Exchange to join the list. CME obtains Bitcoin’s futures price from these exchanges. The listing will be included from 30th August 2019. The press release on CME noted,
CME CF Crypto Currencies Indices have been generating BRR and BRTI rates since November 2016 with several bitcoin exchanges and trading platforms providing pricing data, including Bitstamp, Coinbase, itBit and Kraken.
Besides Bitcoin Reference Rate (BRR) and Bitcoin Real-Time (BRTI), it will be the 4th exchange for the Ether-dollar pricing indices on CME which lists only Bitcoin and Ether indices. CF (crypto-facilities) the london-based firm which provides these indices in partnership with CME includes six other cryptocurrency indices which will be obtained from Gemini as well.
Expansion to Australia
Gemini Exchange has often been projected as a prominent regulated exchange which primarily services institutional clients. However, it has been continually expanding its reach to retail customers as well as the Gemini Mobile App. Recently, the US-based exchange also announced its expansion to Australia.
Tyler Winklevoss, the Co-Founder of the Exchange noted in the press release,
Australians can now download the Gemini Mobile App and use it to buy, sell, and store cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, zcash, and litecoin.
Currently, Gemini is available in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea, the United Kingdom. According to reports, Australia is ranked 12th w.r.t. to global Bitcoin [BTC] volume. Moreover, the platform has been the ideal choice for institutional-grade investors.
Do you think Gemini will become bigger than Coinbase in the future? Please share your views with us.
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?