Bitcoin Futures market on CME began at the peak in its price on 18th December 2017. Almost two years after that, the derivatives exchange is now rushing towards launching options trading as well. CME moves to launch the options market on its futures contracts as early as Monday, next week.
Moreover, there are other big players in the crypto markets doing the same.
FTX announces a release in less than 24 hours as to capture the hype of the moment. SBF, the CEO of FTX Exchange and with Alameda research tweeted,
FTX is planning to launch options in the next 24 hours!
#OKExOptions: The much-awaited BTC/USD Options is NOW LIVE on OKEx ?
We’ve also donated 150 BTC to the BTCUSD Options insurance fund minimize the risk of clawback. Happy trading!
— OKEx (@OKEx) January 9, 2020
The options contracts are similar to futures market except the invariability in time of closing of the contracts increases the amount of speculation on the asset.
The launch of the regulated futures market marked the end of the bull run in 2017. Nevertheless, currently, the price is at the brink of another parabolic run. Of course, the accumulation and consolidation periods could extend further given the number of active traders in the market.
While the immediate effect on price can be arbitrary, the launch of options across various platforms at the same time signal growth of crypto assets.
LedgerX Co-Founder, Zach Dexter also tweeted after recently re-joining the management team that,
@ledgerx will recommit to the core platform experience, focus on launching additional derivatives products and tradable assets, and drive retail adoption by letting our customers do more with bitcoin on mobile and on the platforms where they already trade
- Hackers Siphon Off $80 Million in Cryptocurrency from Qubit DeFi platform
- Just-In: Bitcoin May Soon Be A Legal Tender in Arizona
- OpenSea Fixes Vulnerability, But Users Are Still Losing NFTs To Hackers
- Crypto Mining: Putin Says Russia Has a ‘Competitive Advantage’ – Wants to ‘Tax and Regulate,’ Not Ban It
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?