According to a report, upcoming London-based crypto derivative exchange Blade has secured funding amounting to $4.3 million. Among the exchange’s investors are popular companies including Coinbase, Slow Ventures, SV Angel, A.Capital, as well as Justin Kan and Adam D’Angelo.
Blade, which is expected to launch in three weeks, will offer perpetual crypto swap contracts with leverage as high as x150. In this arrangement, which shares a few differences with future contracts, investors either on short or long term positions tend to gain profits from selling off crypto assets. Perpetual contracts are different from futures in that they have no expiration date.
Blade Offers Perpetual Contracts And x150 Leverage
The crypto derivatives exchange will provide users with options of 150x leverage on both BTC/USD and BTC/KRW contracts. These two contracts are the only fiat-based products in which BTC is paired with fiat. The remaining are purely crypto pairs. These pairs include XRP/USDT, BNB/USDT, ZEC/USDT, XMR/BTC, and DOGE/USDT. With the inclusion of a Korean Won fiat product, the exchange derivative, which aims to provide services similar to BitMEX, is primarily targeting the Asian crypto market.
Big industry names like Gate.io and Okex have already introduced similar features on their platforms and this confirms the likely future adoption of perpetual contracts. Although BitMEX recently fell under regulatory scrutiny and has seen a massive outflow of funds, Blade aims to put forward competition for market recognition. According to Jeff Byun who cofounded Blade,
Coinbase and Binance are building this foundational structure for crypto, but I think we are too and in a sense that derivatives are at their core about risk transfer, we want to be building the foundational layer for risk transfer in the crypto markets.
In the long term, we want to be the CME of crypto.
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?