After announcing a new crypto listing process, Coinbase has come with three new products and completed the rollout of GBP to further help its users. The biggest US exchange is rapidly expanding and becoming the “Google of Crypto” as Wall Street giants start entering the crypto market.
Coinbase expansion: New products launched
The biggest crypto exchange of US is now all set to make it easy for its customers to understand and buy cryptocurrencies. After introducing products like Coinbase Prime, Coinbase Custody among others for the institutional investors, now, San Francisco-based exchange is expecting that “millions of people will make their first cryptocurrency purchase in the coming years.” And Coinbase is forging on to facilitate this experience for those millions.
These updates include three products viz. Coinbase Bundle, Informational Asset Pages, and Coinbase Learn.
Coinbase Bundle is being rolled out today and “will be available to customers in the US and Europe over the coming weeks.” It starts from $25 and allows one to buy a bundle of 5 cryptocurrencies that can be sell, send or received individually.
— Coinbase (@coinbase) September 28, 2018
One can also learn about 50 of the top cryptocurrencies even those not listed on Coinbase on its Information Asset page. Apparently, Coinbase wants “to be sure everyone learns to think beyond “Bitcoin” when building out their cryptocurrency portfolio.”
The third product, Coinbase Learn is to educate people who are new to the crypto world. It is a new section on the website that will answer the basic questions.
For people totally new to crypto, we created Coinbase Learn, a dedicated portal to help them find answers to some of their basic crypto questions, like at https://t.co/XMdm1ejoKZ.
— Coinbase (@coinbase) September 27, 2018
Coinbase styling itself into becoming the “Google of Crypto”
Meanwhile, Coinbase reports, “All UK customers now have access to GBP payments and new GBP trading pairs on Coinbase Pro/Prime.”
As of today, all UK customers now have the ability to deposit and withdraw GBP on Coinbase, Coinbase Pro and Coinbase Prime. If you’re a customer in the UK and don’t see your GBP wallet, check your account settings and make sure your country is set to UK. https://t.co/FrwTQARgPf
— Coinbase (@coinbase) September 28, 2018
“Domestic GBP payments, in most cases, will take less than 30 minutes to transfer in and out of your account. You’ll not only benefit from increased speed but reduced costs as well. By no longer having to convert funds from British Pound to Euros and vice versa, you’ll avoid exchange rates and additional fees for foreign currency transactions.”
Just recently, Coinbase announced a new process to list assets that has the crypto community excited. As of now, only 5 cryptos viz. Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin cash (BCH), Litecoin (LTC), Ethereum (ETH), Ethereum Classic (ETC) are supported on the platform.
With this shift in process, our customers can expect us to list most high-quality assets over time. If you’ve developed a new digital asset, and it has passed an independent legal and security review, apply to list your asset on Coinbase today: https://t.co/sIXzqXAuiu pic.twitter.com/YoTDkWtt3E
— Coinbase (@coinbase) September 25, 2018
However, with the following announcement, “we’re announcing a new process that will allow us to rapidly list most digital assets that are compliant with the local law, by satisfying listing requests in a jurisdiction-by-jurisdiction manner,” it has raised the hopes and anticipation of seeing lot more cryptocurrencies on this platform.
With Wall Street giants also making its way into crypto, Coinbase is rapidly evolving itself as the “Google of crypto” and proving its mettle.
One of the first billion dollar company from the bitcoin boom, Fortune stated in its featured article on Coinbase,
“Coinbase became the first U.S. cryptocurrency startup to earn a $1 billion “unicorn” valuation from investors, and the first to bring in $1 billion in annual revenue.”
When it comes it its customer base, it has grown five times from two years to about 25 million. With Coinbase CEO Brain Armstrong’s “I really want to see crypto be used by a billion people in the next five years,” it can be expected that Coinbase is planning to go a long way.
- Just-In: Bitcoin May Soon Be A Legal Tender in Arizona
- OpenSea Fixes Vulnerability, But Users Are Still Losing NFTs To Hackers
- Crypto Mining: Putin Says Russia Has a ‘Competitive Advantage’ – Wants to ‘Tax and Regulate,’ Not Ban It
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?