Coinbase recently made an official announcement41 that it was exploring support for waves and 7 other cryptocurrencies. The cryptocurrencies in the review included Waves, Ontology (ONT), Matic Network (MATIC), Harmony (ONE), DASH, Cosmos (ATOM), Algorand (ALGO) and Decred (DCR). Binance CEO, Changpeng Zhao responded to the update by saying that it had not included BNB in its list.
Zhao Shows Mixed Feelings
Zhao, has reacted to this new development by commenting on his Twitter handle, saying that while Coinbase has made a good choice by including two of Binance Launchpad projects’ cryptocurrencies in the list, but it seems to have to miss out on a “jem” – Binance’s native cryptocurrency, BNB. BNB is a utility token that has several uses in the Binance ecosystem including availing discounts on the trading fees.
What’s amusing in this situation is that Binance and Coinbase are two of the biggest exchanges in the cryptocurrency space, and Coinbase is considering offering support for two coins that are tied with its competitor’s project, but it is ignoring the native cryptocurrency of the competing platform.
The two Binance Launchpad cryptocurrencies which have made it to the list of the 8 tokens being considered by Coinbase are Matic network (Matic) and Harmony (ONE). Matic and ONE which were launched on the Binance LaunchPad around April and May respectively had seen considerable gains after their launch. Matic had grown over 700% while Harmony had seen an increase of 800% from IEO price as at 1st of June.
Although Coinbase clearly listed the coins up for support at this time, it also indicated that more cryptocurrencies which would correspond to regulatory scrutiny and achieve jurisdictional compliance were still in their long term list. Considering this, it is possible that BNB might as also make Coinbase’s list in the future.
- Elon Musk Tweet: Tesla Accepting Dogecoin, But There Is A Catch!
- Chainalysis Report Claims Criminal Usage Of Cryptocurrency Will Decrease In 2022
- SHIB Bulls Cause Shiba Inu Prices To Skyrocket
- Strike App Faces Problems In Argentina; Does Not Support Bitcoin, Claim Users
- Crypto Exchange Bitfinex Tells Ontario Customers To Close Accounts After OSC Canada Cracks Its Whip
- Rio De Janeiro Plans To Buy Bitcoin With City’s 1% Reserve; Tax Discounts Also To Be Offered
- India Seizes $5 Million Worth Assets in $162M Morris Coin Crypto Ponzi Scheme
- North Korean Hackers Embezzled $400 Million In Cryptocurrency Last Year – Report
- Breaking: Elon Musks Tweets ‘Tesla Merch Buyable with Dogecoin’
- Crypto Exchange Binance Enables Direct Withdrawals to Ethereum Layer 2
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?