Coinbase announced that it has added support of Stellar Lumens (XLM) on the Coinbase Wallet. Coinbase wallet is a ‘user-custodied’ cryptocurrency wallet.
Until now the Coinbase Wallet supported the following cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ethereum Classic (ETC), XRP and over 10,000 ERC20 and ERC71 tokens on Etherueum. The private keys of the activated cryptocurrencies on the CoinBase Wallet are encrypted on the phone itself using the ‘Secure Enclave Technolgy.’ This guarantees user based custody.
Moreover, the Coinbase Wallet App is different from the Coinbase App. While the later is an exchange, the former is only a Wallet. Coinbase App or coinbase.com also provides for a wallet. However, the private keys of these wallets are retained with the Exchange itself.
The new Mobile Wallet Update will be released next week for all the Andriod and iOS users. The minimum balance required to activate the Stellar Lumens (XLM) wallet is 1 XLM.
The Coinbase Wallet will also support the Stellar Testnet to aid ‘developers and power users.’ The stellar testnet can be used to access and develop the tokens of the Stellar Platform.
Coinbase recently partnered with Stellar Lumens to increase the education of cryptocurrency in the world. Together they offer incentives to individuals who seek to learn about the Steller Network.
Do you think Stellar will gain mainstream popularity over XRP soon? Please share your views with us.
- Just-In: Bitcoin May Soon Be A Legal Tender in Arizona
- OpenSea Fixes Vulnerability, But Users Are Still Losing NFTs To Hackers
- Crypto Mining: Putin Says Russia Has a ‘Competitive Advantage’ – Wants to ‘Tax and Regulate,’ Not Ban It
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?