The fifth largest cryptocurrency, Litecoin or LTC is now available on Coinbase wallet, which was introduced in August 2018 to rebrand firm’s open source decentralized app (DApp) browser. It was revealed on Feb 21, 2019, via an official blog by Siddharth Coelho, Coinbase’s product lead.
Litecoin on Coinbase Wallet
The blog entitled ‘Announcing Litecoin (LTC) Support on Coinbase Wallet’ comes with a row of exchange announcing the support for Bitcoin Cash. It is quite interesting to note that the re-branded wallet is quite optimistic in listing the leading cryptocurrencies – such as adding sixth largest crypto, BCH on Feb 19, and recently on Feb 21, the fifth largest crypto, LTC.
Starting today, you can now store your Litecoin (LTC) directly in the Coinbase Wallet app – the blog hits.
Per the announcement, Coinbase wallet supports BTC, BCH, ETH, ETC, and other various ERC20 tokens and ERC 721 collectibles built on Ethereum. Following the latest updates, users can now begin storing LTC directly in Coinbase wallet app. The blog further reads ‘ LTC support on wallet will be activated by default. It elaborated that;
The new Wallet update with Litecoin support will roll out to all users on iOS and Android over the next few weeks, noted in Blog. All you need to do is tap ‘Receive’ on the main wallet tab and select Litecoin to send LTC to your Coinbase Wallet.
No Plans to Add XRP Yet
Moreover, it aims to add JSON payment protocol in future with exiting support of Litecoin Testnet, specifically for developers and power users. The blog goes on stating that by using ‘setting option, users can switch to the testnet’. Although the wallet looks well performing with timely updates and crystal clear information, it’s a striking point to notice ‘why XRP, the third largest crypto is still away from its plan’.
However, the XRP community members are on the constant urge to find the firm’s possible plans to add XRP, but as always, they end up with ‘no-response’.
— Tom Cushnie (@TomCushnie) February 22, 2019
As for now, the latest listing by Coinbase wallet is BCH and LTC – stay tuned with Coingape to know which crypto would be the next in a row of firm’s plan.
- Elon Musk Tweet: Tesla Accepting Dogecoin, But There Is A Catch!
- Chainalysis Report Claims Criminal Usage Of Cryptocurrency Will Decrease In 2022
- SHIB Bulls Cause Shiba Inu Prices To Skyrocket
- Strike App Faces Problems In Argentina; Does Not Support Bitcoin, Claim Users
- Crypto Exchange Bitfinex Tells Ontario Customers To Close Accounts After OSC Canada Cracks Its Whip
- Rio De Janeiro Plans To Buy Bitcoin With City’s 1% Reserve; Tax Discounts Also To Be Offered
- India Seizes $5 Million Worth Assets in $162M Morris Coin Crypto Ponzi Scheme
- North Korean Hackers Embezzled $400 Million In Cryptocurrency Last Year – Report
- Breaking: Elon Musks Tweets ‘Tesla Merch Buyable with Dogecoin’
- Crypto Exchange Binance Enables Direct Withdrawals to Ethereum Layer 2
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?