Crypto analytics firm CoinShares recently published a report on the state of the crypto market during the third week of May 2022. With the crypto market staying under overall pressure, digital assets investment products registered $141 million in net outflows last week.
The ongoing volatility in the crypto space has led investors to lose confidence with the overall sentiment turning increasing bearish. James Butterfield, head of research at ChoinShares writes:
“Outflows totalling US$154m were seen in the Americas while Europe saw inflows totalling US$12.4m”.
Also, the total assets under management have dropped to their lowest since July 2021, at $38 billion. After the previous week of strong inflows, the Bitcoin funds failed to keep the momentum going. Last week, Bitcoin funds registered total outflows of $154 million. Similarly, short Bitcoin saw net outflows at $1.1 million last week.
The positive thing is that the year-to-date flows remain net positive at US$307 million.
Multi-Crypto Investment Products Perform Better
Instead of opting for a single crypto-focused product, investors have opted for multi-crypto investment products last week. Butterfield noted:
Multi-asset (multi-crypto) investment products remain the stalwart with inflows totalling US$9.7m last week. Inflows year-to-date represent 5.3% (US$185m) of AuM. The investment products have seen only two weeks of outflows this year, much lower relative to its peers.
He further adds that during periods of extreme volatility, investors see multi-asset investment products as a safer alternative. Besides, there were also some minor inflows across the broader altcoin category. Altcoins like Cardano and Polkadot saw inflows totaling at USD 1 million each.
Cryptocurrency investments have remained volatile throughout the month of May as the market has shown extreme volatility following the collapse of the Terra ecosystem. Furthermore, the sell-off in the U.S. equity market has put additional selling pressure on the crypto space as investors have been moving funds to risk-off assets in these times of uncertainty.
- Uniswap ($UNI) Surges 45% As Trading Fees Surpass Ethereum
- Ethereum Merge Delay? Developers Concerned Over Shadow Fork
- MINA Price Jumps By 20% Over This Announcement
- Bitcoin Mining Data Suggests More Price Dumps Ahead; Details
- This Bitcoin Bear Market Is Unlike Any Other, Here’s Why
- Here’s Why Shiba Inu Ecosystem Tokens’ Prices Are Shooting Up
- Goldman Sachs Likely to Raise $2 Billion To Acquire Celsius Assets, But Here’s the Catch
- Here’s Why SEC Chair Wants Single Rulebook For All Crypto Trading
- Huge Cardano Breakout Imminent After This Resistance Level?
- Shibarium To Launch Soon; How It Can Pump Shiba Inu Prices?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3
- Solana Price Analysis: SOL Price Rallying North With Eyes On $59
- XRP Price Analysis: Trendline Reversal Could Dump XRP Back to $0.3
- AXS Price Analysis: Rising AXS Price Aims To Reclaim $17.6 Mark
- Polygon Price Analysis: Can Trendline Breakout Lead MATIC to $0.75?
- ArbiSmart Price Analysis: RBIS Retests Multi-month Support; Buy this Dip?
- Waves Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern Threatens to Break $4.16 Support
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Trendline Fakeout Could Tumble APE by 25%
- Uniswap Price Analysis: Can Ongoing Recovery Carry UNI Price to $8?
- SHIB Price Analysis: $0.00001 Breakout Could Pump SHIB by 33%