Bitcoin Satoshi Vision (BSV) is apparently losing ground to become the ‘one true Bitcoin’ as its network capacity, and its support is decreasing in number.
Hash rate and Cost of Carrying Out 51% Attack
The total hash rate of the network also speaks volume about the cryptocurrency. The cryptocurrencies with a higher number of miners and daily transactions are more likely to be secure and priced higher as well.
It is evident from the two graphs that the total Hashrate for BSV has decreased since its inception. Moreover, it dropped below 20% since the #WeAreAllHodlonaut Movement gained traction. Furthermore, the hash rate of its immediate competitor has increased more than two-fold in the same period.
At press time, the cost of carrying out a 51% attack on Bitcoin SV is just around $6500. The same for Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is currently about four times that of BSV around $25000.
ETC which was under 51% attack many times in recent times has a similar cost of carrying out a 51% attack as Bitcoin SV (BSV) at $6300.
The price of Bitcoin SV at 6: 30 Hours UTC on 15th April is trading at $72.52. It is trading 4.16% higher on a daily scale. However, while coins like LTC and BCH have increased by over 50% after Bitcoin’s break-out on 2nd April, BSV has increased by only about 12% higher since its value in March 2019. Most it can be attributed to its limited utility and its’ lousy branding in the crypto community due to ‘faketoshi’ claims.
Do you think Bitcoin SV will eventually lose its popularity or BSV proponents will be able to redeem its value? Please share your views with us.
- Cardano ($ADA) Reclaims Third Spot With 13% Price Jump, Here’s Why it Can Surge Further
- Evergrande Surges 27% Post Nationalization Rumors, Crypto Market Surge in Tandem
- Amid Strong Comeback Altcoins Add $100 Billion in 24 Hours, Ethereum (ETH) Above $3100
- Ethereum Price Retests Key Resistance Level as Aided by These Two Fundamentals
- Mike Novogratz Predicts Key Bitcoin ($BTC) and Ethereum ($ETH) Levels to Watchout For
- QuadrigaCx Saga to be Featured as a Documentary on this Popular Streaming Service
- Gluwa Wallet and Aella Credit Collaboration Sees Over 1 Million Transactions on the Blockchain
- Canadian Securities Regulators Warn Crypto Firms of Misleading Ads. Here Are the Defined Dos and Don’ts
- Solrise Finance and Civic Technologies Launch First Permissioned DEX on Solana
- eToro Sets Eyes on Defi Market, Launches 11 Defi Assets Based Investment Portfolio