The leading online marketplace for lodging which provides home stays for vacation rentals, along with tourism activities – Airbnb may soon be incorporating crypto into its business model. The latest tweet from Airbnb CEO, Brian Chesky determined that the company could potentially start accepting crypto payments in 2022. Chesky noted that “crypto payments” ranked no.1 out of approximately 4000 suggestions for Airbnb on possible developments this year.
Got 4,000 suggestions. Here are the top 6:
1 – Crypto payments (top suggestion)
2 – Clear pricing displays
3 – Guest loyalty program
4 – Updated cleaning fees
5 – More long-term stays & discounts
6 – Better customer service
Already working on most, will look into others now! https://t.co/rxEM4BXZci
— Brian Chesky (@bchesky) January 5, 2022
Brian Chesky highlighted that the company has already begun work on most of these suggestions including “Crypto payments” which will be “inclusive of a variety of token ideas”, i.e., they may add various crypto tokens as payment option.
While Airbnb and several other commercial giants may or may not be serious towards incorporation of crypto payments, yet such speculations lead to considerable engagement on social media because of the crypto community. Furthermore, leading names in the commercial sphere that have put their words to action regarding crypto incorporation have experienced financial growth as well as substantial community support.
AMC crypto payment success
The largest movie theatre chain in the United States, AMC recently confirmed another addition to their crypto payment option with the listing of trending meme token, Shiba Inu ($SHIB). Following the same, AMC now allows the use of Shiba Inu for online crypto payments for movie tickets and concessions. Additionally, the franchise also offers crypto payments using Bitcoin ($BTC), Ether($ETH), Litecoin ($LTC), and Dogecoin ($DOGE), and have future plan to extend its decentralised reach into the Non-Fungible Token (NFT) arena as well. AMC CEO is also gravitating towards launching the company’s own private crypto after enjoying eminent financial success from the addition of crypto payments.
“I can confirm today that we have been exploring with third parties over the past few months both how we can accept cryptocurrency and if it is feasible for AMC to consider even launching our own cryptocurrency…Similarly, I can confirm to you today that we are now in conversation with multiple major Hollywood studios about the concept of joint venturing commemorative NFTs related to major film titles that show in our theaters.”
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- Heavy Outflows Force Investors to Seek Refuge In Multi-crypto Investment Products
- PlanB: When Will Bitcoin (BTC) Price Cross $500K?
- Case Study: P2E Gaming Projects Tackling The Barriers To Web3 Mass Adoption
- Just-In: Indian Central Bank Head Bashes Crypto After Latest Crash
- This Top Crypto Exchange Offers To Support Burning Terra (LUNA)
- The Boss Cat Rocket Club – Space Bound Cats Living On The Blockchain
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?