Popularly Known self-acclaimed Satoshi Nakamoto and creator of Bitcoin Cash fork Bitcoin SV, Craig Wright, has attracted the attention of the mainstream media in recent times. While he must have spotted limelight for a couple of reasons like inventing Bitcoin Cash fork SV, the most important attraction to his name sprang to life as a result of his claims of being the creator of bitcoin.
Craig Wright, whom, at the moment, many blockchain community members see as a possible anonymous Satoshi due to his constant claims of creating bitcoin has taken every possible advantage and opportunities to retain these claims and even revealed that some hundreds of thousands of “virgin” (never moved before) bitcoins belonging to him are still locked up within the bitcoin blockchain, a set of coins to which he claimed he would have access to in 2020.
Fraud And Deceit Are Becoming Synonymous With Craig Wright
Amid all these recognition struggles, Craig Wright is beginning to lose face within the crypto space and many now see him as a pretender or a fraudster in worst cases. In an ongoing lawsuit against him which involves the misappropriation of around a million bitcoins, Craig Wright was denied the motion to dismiss the case due to irregularities and lack of credibility on his part.
A 2018 case in which one of Craig’s late business partner’s brother filed a lawsuit against Craig for reasons of misplacing about 1 million bitcoins, US District Court Judge Beth Bloom, upon Craig’s claim that the court didn’t possess jurisdiction over the case, said,
“the Court simply does not find the Defendant’s testimony to be credible.” “numerous conflicting statements are the very reason confusion has been created … the Court should nonetheless use these statements as a basis to challenge the Court’s subject matter jurisdiction.”
As the Judge dismissed several of Craig’s claims, she, at a point in time made reference to an 18th-century quote by Walter Scott;
“Oh! What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive!”
As many come to disbelieve Craig’s claims of being Satoshi, community members are responding in a converging pattern of ways. A recent Twitter discussion involving some popular bitcoin influencers, many responses had been to insinuate that Craig was a fraudster.
According to Twitter user Peter McCormack,
Had an interesting interaction with a 49-year-old today. He refused to sign with his private keys, yet insisted he is Satoshi. #CraigWrightIsAFraud.
- Just-In: Bitcoin May Soon Be A Legal Tender in Arizona
- OpenSea Fixes Vulnerability, But Users Are Still Losing NFTs To Hackers
- Crypto Mining: Putin Says Russia Has a ‘Competitive Advantage’ – Wants to ‘Tax and Regulate,’ Not Ban It
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?