Cryptocurrency, with itself, has bought a lot of new concepts for people to stay glued to them. Freebies, marketing gimmicks, and strategies have altogether changed in a way since cryptos and blockchains have arrived bringing the whole new facet. One such strategy is Airdrops and some projects have actually used them effectively.
What is an Airdrop?
By definition, an airdrop is a tactic move taken by a project by which it distributes its tokens to the wallets of certain users, completely free of charge. It is literally free money handed over to coin holders for a variety of reasons. While that does sound pretty fascinating for users, airdrops are calculated marketing tools which actually saves companies a lot of money in the long run.
Reason Why Projects Do Airdrops
There are actually several reasons why companies may want to conduct airdrops. The most popular ones are as follows –
- Generating Awareness: One of the most important and common reasons that projects do airdrops is to create awareness for a new project. This allows projects t easily grab the attention of investors during an ICO/IEO.
- Understanding the users: Some airdrops askes users to fill up a form with a variety of questions. By this, the projects try to gain more information about its users, a potential user which will help the project team to draw more focused marketing solutions and strategies towards their ideal audience.
- Rewarding or Inspiring Loyalty: Loyalty among crypto users is a very rare thing. The average user wants to make as much money as possible and the way they do that is by constantly running behind the “next big token” leaving the newcomers behind. Hence Some Airdrops have constructed in such a way that the more tokens the user/investor hold, the more they receive in subsequent Airdrops. So, if a user is actually loyal to a token and keeps a substantial amount of it in their wallet, they can be rewarded with more tokens by the company.
- Wider Distribution of Tokens: An ICO can be turned bad by a whale intervention. A whale with all its money powers can hijack and takeover. Hence Airdrops are a really important tool to evenly distribute its token. Airdrops are a pretty effective method of achieving wide and even distribution.
- Hard Forks: By definition, a fork is a condition whereby the state of the blockchain diverges into chains where a part of the network has a different perspective on the history of transactions than a different part of the network. So, on the occasion of a hard fork, users of the original coin can get the new coins as a result of an airdrop.
You might also be interested in How to choose your first ICO to invest in?
Hottest Ongoing and Upcoming Airdrops
- Airdrop starts 15 July 2019
- Airdrop ends 15 August 2019
- Airdrop Link: Go to Link
- Total value: 30,000,000 USDT
TRON is a large-scale decentralized network that allows anyone to freely create content, apps, and services. It has been one of the most flamboyant coins of 2018 and his headed by Justin Sun. The airdrop was announced by Raybo Technology, a technology company based in Beijing, China, which announced a 30-day giveaway beginning from July 15, offering to pay a bonus to whoever holding TRC20 based USDT. The holders will receive an airdrop bonus on a daily basis, with up to 100% annualized percentage rate.
To participate in this airdrop users have to convert their existing USDT to USDT-TRON. The bonus interest will be airdropped to platforms that support USDT-TRON automatically. Platforms that are supporting this airdrop are –
- Hold any amount of TRC-20 based USDT in the users private wallet or supported exchanges.
- TRON Foundation will airdrop a total of 30,000,000 USDT to eligible wallets.
- The airdrop will start from July 15, 09:00 to August 15, 08:59.
- The holders will receive an airdrop bonus on a daily basis.
- The rewarded amount is calculated based on the users TRC20 USDT Balance * APR / 365.
- APR means Annualized Percentage Rate. APR on the first day of the airdrop is 100%. So if they hold $1000
- SDT-TRON then it will get calculated into $1000/365 = $2.74.
2. Binance Jersey
- Airdrop starts 09 July 2019
- Airdrop Link: Go to Link
- Total value: 100,000€
Binance Jersey is a new crypto-fiat exchange built on technology developed by Binance, the world’s leading crypto exchange and one of the fastest success stories in the blockchain industry. Binance Jersey is specialized in fiat-to-crypto currency trading where they can buy and sell Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) with Pounds (GBP) and Euros (EUR).
Binance Jersey is airdropping 10 EUR to all users who will sign up and complete the KYC process. They can also earn up to 100€ by inviting friends.
- Visit Binance Jersey and click on “Register”.
- Signup and verify the email address.
- Log in to Binance Jersey.
- Click on “Verify” in the profile settings and complete Account Verification (KYC).
- Rewards will be issued within 7 working days after the promotion ends. The user will be able to log-in and see their reward via the Distribution History section in the Account Center.
- Rewards can only to be used to pay for transaction and withdrawal fees and cannot be withdrawn.
3. Basic Attention Token
- Airdrop Link: Download Brave
- Total value: NA
- A user can download and install Brave browser on a desktop device.
- Once downloaded user has to start Brave browser and click on the BAT triangle logo next to the address bar.
- A popup will occur where the user has to enable rewards by clicking on “Join Rewards”.
- Now navigate to reward settings from the popup or by typing “brave://rewards/” and make sure “Brave Ads” toggle is turned on.
- From now on the user will be presented with offers in form of notifications at a time that the browser finds appropriate and not disruptive.
- Simply engage with these notifications, view the ads and a user has an opportunity to earn 70% revenue share from the viewed ad, while Brave only receives the remaining 30%.
- At the close of the Brave Rewards monthly cycle, the user can claim their accumulated tokens. The BAT can be automatically donated on a monthly basis to the most visited sites or used to tip favorite content creators or friends. Soon, they will also be able to use BAT for premium content, as well as redeem it for real-world rewards such as hotel stays, restaurant vouchers, and gift cards. Brave is also working on an option to let users withdraw BAT from their wallets for personal use, converting their BAT to local fiat currency through exchange partners.
- Airdrop Link: Go to link
- Total value: 20,000,000 BEST
- Airdrop claim start date: 9 July 2019
- Airdrop claim start date: 9 July 2019
Bitpanda is an easy to use, straight-forward trading platform, which lowers the entry barriers and makes investments accessible for everyone. They provide PSD2 payment service provider license, state-of-the-art security, and streamlined user experience. Bitpanda is airdropping a total of 20,000,000 BEST tokens to their community members. They are holding an airdrop for verified Bitpanda users and also a holder drops for PAN holders. Participate in both the airdrops to earn more BEST tokens.
Airdrop 1: Total of 10,000,000 BEST for verified Bitpanda users
- Visit the Bitpanda website.
- The user has to sign up and verify his email address.
- Then they have to verify the account by completing KYC.
- Every verified Bitpanda user, who claims the airdrop between 09, July 2019 and 12, August 2019 will receive free BEST tokens.
NOTE: On has to be a verified user to be eligible for this airdrop
Airdrop 2: Total of 10,000,000 BEST for PAN holders (No verification required)
- The user should hold a minimum of 500 PAN to be eligible for this airdrop.
- The snapshot of the same would take place on 13, August 2019, between 1 pm and 2 pm (CET).
- The greater number of PAN a user holds, the more BEST they will receive.
- Rewards will be credited to the user’s wallet right after the snapshot date.
5. Stellar (XLM)
- Airdrop Start Date: 20 July 2019
- Airdrop Link (Binance): Go to link
- Total value: NA
Stellar is an open-source, decentralized protocol for digital currency to fiat currency transfers which allows cross-border transactions between any pair of currencies. The Stellar protocol is supported by a nonprofit, the Stellar Development Foundation.
Binance will start staking their Stellar (XLM) hot and cold wallets, starting from July 20, 2019, and will automatically airdrop staking rewards monthly to XLM holders. An additional 9,500,000 XLM from prior staking activities will also be distributed to XLM holders. To qualify for staking rewards simply hold a minimum of 10 XLM in the Binance wallet and receive free XLM based on the total staking rewards by Binance. Staking is done automatically by Binance, so there’s no manual action required.
- The user needs to create an account on Binance.
- They will have to hold a minimum of 10 XLM in their Binance wallet to qualify for staking rewards.
- Binance will take daily snapshots starting from 2019/07/20 at 00:00 AM UTC and distribute rewards monthly.
- XLM staking distribution will be calculated as follows:
- XLM generated by each user = Total XLM staking rewards received by Binance * User XLM holdings ratio.
- User XLM holdings ratio = User XLM holdings / Total XLM staked by Binance.
- Rewards will be calculated daily and distributed on the 5th of every month. The initial distribution of XLM staking rewards will be calculated up until 2019/09/01 and the average user XLM balances will be calculated based on the daily snapshots and the 40 days XLM staking rewards will be distributed on September 1st, 2019.
- An additional 9,500,000 XLM from prior staking activities will also be distributed to XLM holders based on their average daily holdings.
- Staking is done automatically by Binance, so there’s no manual action required.