The partnership means that Crypto.com app users will be able to make Booking.com reservations via the cryptocurrency platform. They will get discounts and those who make Booking.com reservations with the Crypto.com Visa Card will also get cashback back on spending — as well as free ATM withdrawals abroad and access to LoungeKey airport lounges.
Crypto.com provides its users with a cryptocurrency exchange, app and debit and credit cards. Over 80 digital assets can be bought on its exchange and it is hoping to bring crypto to the mainstream.
Amsterdam-based Booking.com is one of the biggest online travel agencies that lets users search and find deals for over 28 million hotels and hostels around the world.
Crypto.com CEO and Co-founder, Kris Marszalek, said: “In 2020, our Crypto.com Visa Card program grew to become the most widely available card of its kind, and we know that travel perks are a highly sought-after benefit. Our user base also grew in 2020, and we now serve over 5 million users around the world, who are eager to travel again in 2021.”
The idea is that those using cryptocurrency via Crypto.com will be able to spend it before and when travelling.
Users who book through the app will be able to spend the currencies they hold — be it Bitcoin, Ethereum or Bitcoin Cash — to make hotel reservations for their holiday. And when they are on holiday, they’ll be able to use the crypto.com card for foreign transactions.
Crypto.com is racing to spread cryptocurrency adoption worldwide: just last month, it announced that it had surpassed five million worldwide users — three months after it reached the three million mark.
The platform says it wants to reach 100 million users within five years.
In the past two months alone, it has released seven updated versions of its app in Spanish, French, Korean, Italian, Portuguese, Traditional and Simplified Chinese.
Crypto.com’s app has proved popular in countries with struggling national currencies, such as Turkey.
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long