The partnership means that Crypto.com app users will be able to make Booking.com reservations via the cryptocurrency platform. They will get discounts and those who make Booking.com reservations with the Crypto.com Visa Card will also get cashback back on spending — as well as free ATM withdrawals abroad and access to LoungeKey airport lounges.
Crypto.com provides its users with a cryptocurrency exchange, app and debit and credit cards. Over 80 digital assets can be bought on its exchange and it is hoping to bring crypto to the mainstream.
Amsterdam-based Booking.com is one of the biggest online travel agencies that lets users search and find deals for over 28 million hotels and hostels around the world.
Crypto.com CEO and Co-founder, Kris Marszalek, said: “In 2020, our Crypto.com Visa Card program grew to become the most widely available card of its kind, and we know that travel perks are a highly sought-after benefit. Our user base also grew in 2020, and we now serve over 5 million users around the world, who are eager to travel again in 2021.”
The idea is that those using cryptocurrency via Crypto.com will be able to spend it before and when travelling.
Users who book through the app will be able to spend the currencies they hold — be it Bitcoin, Ethereum or Bitcoin Cash — to make hotel reservations for their holiday. And when they are on holiday, they’ll be able to use the crypto.com card for foreign transactions.
Crypto.com is racing to spread cryptocurrency adoption worldwide: just last month, it announced that it had surpassed five million worldwide users — three months after it reached the three million mark.
The platform says it wants to reach 100 million users within five years.
In the past two months alone, it has released seven updated versions of its app in Spanish, French, Korean, Italian, Portuguese, Traditional and Simplified Chinese.
Crypto.com’s app has proved popular in countries with struggling national currencies, such as Turkey.
- XRP Lawsuit: Here’s Why Experts Think Ripple Could Win the Case Against SEC
- Does Ethereum (ETH) Risk Becoming a Security After Transition to PoS ETH 2.0?
- Breaking: Coinbase Tops the List of Fastest-Growing Finance Apps
- Cardano’s Smart Contract Count Breaches 2,200, Hoskinson Says Defi “up for grabs”
- Just-in: PayPal Starts Bitcoin and Other Crypto Trading Services in UK
- Dopamine App brings Vast Crypto Tracking under one roof
- Pooshi Coin is launching today! What you need to know
- After Coinbase This Crypto Lender is Facing Regulatory Scrutiny in 3 US States
- Tomi Heroes NFT Sales Volume Just Exploded Past $1.35m, with Massive ROI Potential For TOMI Sale
- Fantasy Sports And NFT Gaming Platform, DeFi 11 Announces Public Launch