On Monday, January 11, the popular crypto trading platform Crypto.com has suspended all deposits and withdrawals citing some “unauthorized activity” taking place at some accounts. However, it has restored some of the accounts back and withdrawal services stating that the accounts are safe.
Update: Withdrawal services have been restored.
All funds are safe.
It will take time to clear the backlogs. We appreciate your patience. https://t.co/ZKMfyTMebi
— Crypto.com (@cryptocom) January 17, 2022
Several users complained on social media that their digital asset holdings worth tens of thousands of dollars had disappeared from the exchange. Although Crypto.com is claiming that the accounts are safe, blockchain security and data analytics firm Peckshield noted that the exchange has lost a staggering $15 million or at least 4,600 ETH in the recent hack.
— PeckShield Inc. (@peckshield) January 18, 2022
The funds have been reportedly moved using Tornado Cash which makes it difficult to trace. Technical issues on crypto trading platforms have been a very common thing off lately. During the peak demand, even some of the most popular crypto exchanges have been facing wide outages.
Crypto.com is one of the most popular trading platforms in the United States and serves more than 10 million customers. We would like to get further clarity from Crypto.com on this matter.
Crypto.com Signs Deal With Australian Football League
In other news, Crypto.com has also managed to seal a deal with the Australian Football League wherein it would become the “official cryptocurrency exchange and official cryptocurrency trading platform of AFL and AFLW” along with getting the naming rights to score reviews. Speaking of this development, AFL executive general manager customer and commercial Kylie Rogers said:
“Crypto.com has partnered with a number of elite sporting codes across the world and the AFL is proud to be the first Australian sports league and elite women’s competition globally to work alongside an organisation that shares our passion to progress the future of elite sport and technology”.
The exchange has been aggressively spending on sponsoring sporting teams. One of its biggest sponsorships recently was securing the naming rights for Staples Centre in Los Angeles and renaming it to Crypto.com Arena.
- Hard Fork Vs Genesis Chain: Terra Team Clears Air Around Debate
- Prominent Investment Officer Predicts More Downside For Bitcoin Price, Here’s Why
- Investors Move $141 Million Out Of Crypto: CoinShares Report
- Just In: S. Korea Police Seek To Guard LUNA Assets
- Incoming Shiba Inu Rally? Over 22 Billion SHIB Tokens Burned Across 497 Transactions
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Just-In: South Korea May Sue Crypto Exchanges Over Terra Crash
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?