El-Salvador, a country in Central America reported that due to the recent fluctuation of the cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, it has bagged numerous losses leading to about $40 million as noted by Bloomberg in a recent report. The losses are estimated to equal the next bond payment of $38.25 million by the country.
El Salvador’s president, Bukele recently bought the Bitcoin dip
The losses began at the end of March and it has gone further to about 40%. As noted by Bloomberg, the losses have further increased, and picture the alarming risks of the investment in Bitcoin by EL Salvador.
Meanwhile, this information is coming after El Salvador’s president, Bukele took to his Twitter handle on 9th May to announce that the El Salvador has purchased 500 bitcoins at the price of $30,744. He tweeted ” El Salvador just bought the dip. 500 coins at an average USD price of~$30,744″
Furthermore, shortly after the tweet by El Salvador’s president, Bukele, Justin Sun, Tron founder announced via his Twitter handle on 10th May that following the purchase by El Salvador, they have also acquired 500 coins for $15,515,675 with a single coin at 31031.35.
El Salvador’s Journey With Bitcoin
On September 7th, 2021, President Bukele of El Salvador announced that Bitcoin can be used for performing financial transactions. El Salvador then was flagged as the first country worldwide to pass a law that allows its citizens to use Bitcoin when performing business transactions.
President Bukele noted that Bitcoin as El Salvador’s legal tendency will encourage a faster flow of transactions between El Salvador and other countries. Furthermore, the decision will help El Salvador quickly settle its foreign debts.
Meanwhile, the decision by President Bukele wasn’t widely accepted as the IMF, the International Monetary Funds, cautioned the El Salvador government on the risks involved in enabling Bitcoin as the Legal tendency in the Country. They further stated that getting a loan from them will be a mission impossible.
IMF further noted that the use of Bitcoin poses huge risks to the financial integrity, financial stability, and consumer protection.
- Are Hedge Funds Planning USDT Dump? Tether CTO Responds To Rumors
- Here’s Why Apecoin (APE) Price Is Skyrocketing Today
- Crypto Prices Falling Despite “Buy The Dip” Sentiment, Data Reveals Why
- Institutional Traders Dumped Bitcoin At A Record Pace Last Week
- Terra USTC Jumps 300%; Lands Back In Top 100 Cryptos
- Ripple’s EX CTO Dumps 40 million XRP tokens In Last 10 Days
- Dogecoin Soars 35%, Here’s Why Breaking This Level Is Crucial
- Crypto Lender Nexo Denies Fraud, Issues Cease And Desist Notice
- Ethereum (ETH) Price Rise and Stability Pulls Broader Crypto Market to $1 Trillion
- Scoop: This Hedge Fund Is Trying To Bailout BlockFi To Counter FTX
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000
- SHIB Price Analysis: Overhead Supply Pressure Hints SHIB to Retest $0.00001
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3