The Indian cryptocurrency bill has brought a ton of hype and speculations around the government’s probable regulatory path. Many mainstream and reputable media houses have been found peddling false narratives and fear-mongering, despite the Indian Finance Minister’s assurance regarding a positive approach.
The latest FUD surrounding the Indian crypto bill is regarding possible jail terms and fines for breaching the ban. The tweet made by Bloomberg correspondent Walter Bloomberg talks about a proposal in the first copy of the crypto bill which subjected crypto traders to arrest without warrants for infringing on the law.
INDIA BILL SEEKING TO BAN CRYPTO PAYMENTS PROPOSES MAKING THOSE WHO INFRINGE THE LAW SUBJECT TO ARREST WITHOUT WARRANT AND BEING HELD WITHOUT BAIL -DOCUMENT
— *Walter Bloomberg (@DeItaone) December 7, 2021
There was some early confusion regarding the recently tabled cryptocurrency bill due to similar wordings from February this year. The government sources cleared that it was a bureaucratic procedure and assured that the government has been working on reformulating the flaws with the first draft. Another thing to note here is that no regulations have been passed yet, and no information has come officially. Most of the reputed media houses are using anonymous sources to report on the matter, but on most occasions, these insider Infos have turned false.
Crypto Traders Must Wait For Government Clarification
Speculations-led news articles were the main reason behind the downturn in the Indian market a couple of weeks ago, as many of the media publications speculated possible ban. Thus, crypto traders in India must be wary of the source of the information rather than the media publication releasing it.
The cryptocurrency bill has been tabled for discussion during the ongoing winter parliamentary session. Once approved by both the upper and lower house, the bill would finally become a law. Until then crypto traders in India must not panic and fall for false narratives. The government has assured that the crypto market will be regulated as an asset class and while prohibiting its use in the payment sector.
- Ripple Objects To SECs Request To Buy More Time Following Recent Court Ruling
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?