Amid the wave of fearmongering in India since the speculation of an absolute crypto ban took over the market, the Finance Minister’s exclusive statement has come as a sigh of relief for the crypto community and confirmed otherwise.
The Indian Finance Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman said in a reply to the Lok Sabha on Monday that the government is most definitely not seeking to deem Bitcoin as a currency in the country. However, she did not mention anything about banning crypto and suspension of trading activities. This further reaffirmed the information from inside sources that the government is only considering to regulate crypto as an asset while prohibiting its use as a form of payment. Henceforth, while payments via crypto will be restricted, trading will go on smoothly.
Sitharaman’s Confirmation May Reverse the Indian Crypto Crash
Recently, the Indian crypto market tripped and fell phenomenally, post the speculations about a crypto ban in India spread like wild fire, after the crypto bill brief in a leaked snapshot became the headliner. The Cryptocurrency and Regulation of Official Digital Currency Bill, 2021 is among the 26 bills which are scheduled to get listed for the upcoming winter session starting on 29 November. Nevertheless, the speculations caused an overnight pain selling series, further resulting in the prices of Bitcoin (BTC) and multiple other leading altcoins to crash over 20% on exchanges like WazirX. Although, Sitharaman has yet again clarified doubts and took the crypto community’s side indirectly.
Sitharaman has had a history of indirectly pushing in favor of the decentralized industry, despite the country’s regulatory disapproval. Towards the end of Q3, Sitharaman warned the government against its extra cautious nature towards crypto, asserting that it could be a risky choice that may curb “a futuristic thing”.
“This is not an era where you can say I don’t care about what’s happening, or we don’t want to do anything. At the same time, are we yet ready to go the El Salvador way? We have to be sure that a futuristic thing can’t be shut out,”, Sitharaman told Hindustan Times.
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?