- Crypto trading activity sustains in spite of the widespread consolidation lead by Ethereum and Bitcoin.
- Ethereum holding on to minor gains above $270: Recovery will be an uphill task.
The crypto market almost motionless trend says that cryptocurrencies are entering into a consolidation phase ahead of the weekend trading sessions. In spite of the consolidation, trading activity across the board seems to be going on as usual. The market capitalization continues to rise from $284 billion at the close of the session on Wednesday to $288 billion at press time as per the data on Coincheckup.
Ethereum is currently battling to stay above $270 after retreating from yesterday’s high at $272.76 (on Coinbase). Prior, to the retreat, the second largest digital asset staged a recovery from $260. The support at $260 was essential in providing solace after ETH/USD tested $280 following the Bitcoin driven surge over the weekend.
ETH/USD 1-h chart
Meanwhile, Ethereum is changing hands at $270.25 at press time following a 0.21% recovery on the day. The recovery has hit key hurdles to the upside starting with Wednesday high at $272.76. According to the current status of the technicals, the upward correction will be an uphill task for Ethereum bulls. The Relative Strength Index (RSI) recovery from the levels at 30 fizzled out short of 70 giving way for an ongoing retracement at 54. However, if the RSI manages to stay above the average, we could see an upward correction in the price in the coming sessions today.
ETH/USD will have to clear the resistance at $275 for a correction to $280 which is the current key hurdle. Trading above $280 will allow the buyers to focus on $300 in the medium-term.
On the downside, the immediate support lies with the 100 Simple Moving Average (SMA) 1-h currently at 269.70. The 100 Exponential Moving Average (EMA) is also in a position to offer support at $267. If these levels are cleared Ethereum will be facing the next support area at $260. Extended losses will seek for a cushion at $250 and $230 respectively.
Ethereum Key Technical Indicators
Trendline: Clearly shows an up trending Ethereum market.
RSI: Above the average; could be grounds for gains in the short-term.
100 SMA: Immediate support.
EMA100: Support above the trendline.
- Bitcoin Price Prediction: BTC Upside Potential Limited But Remains Fundamentally Strong To Hit $50,000
- Avalanche, Ethereum Price Analysis: September 16, 2021
- Metaverse Update: Sandbox (SAND) Price Drops By 20% Over Last Week, Here’s Next Trading Levels
- Chainlink, Uniswap Price Analysis: September 14, 2021
- HBAR Price Analysis: Hedera Hashgraph ($HBAR) Prints New All Time High, Can HBAR Break $1?
- Breaking: Coinbase Tops the List of Fastest-Growing Finance Apps
- Why Blockchain Technology and NFTs Could Significantly Increase the Revenue for Artists
- MonoX raises $5 million to disrupt traditional DEXs using single-sided liquidity pools
- The International DOTA 2: Win Fantastic Prizes in the 1xBit’s New Esports Tournament
- El Salvador: Government faces investigation into Bitcoin Trust’s expenditure