Bitcoin [BTC] dropped by more than 8% on 25th April 2019, as it plunged below $5k support. On a daily scale, the candle-stick recorded a loss of 8.76% from $5450 level. The negative movement in the market has been attributed to another Exchange related fraud this time involving Bitfinex.
However, the market has apparently corrected from the sudden crash as it traded only 1.72% lower on a daily scale. The price of Bitcoin at 3: 00 UTC on 26th April 2019 is $5235.
Before Binance, Bitfinex was the leading Cryptocurrency Exchange in terms of volume. USD-Tether stablecoin was also first made popular on this Exchange. Recently, the New-York’s Attorney General’s office has accused the Exchange of covering up to $850 million using USDT.
The news broke late on 25th April 2019 and it caused a temporary frenzy in the markets. Moreover, the altcoins bore the maximum brunt of the fall as the total market capitalization of altcoins (excluding Bitcoin) lost about $5.8 billion dollars.
The total market capitalization of the cryptocurrency markets including Bitcoin also fell below $170 billion. Furthermore, the dominance of Bitcoin over the cryptocurrency markets gained another percent; Currently, Bitcoin’s dominance is 54.8%.
Litecoin (LTC) Traders Not Moved
The Exchange-related scam was reported on the illicit use of USD-Tether. Moreover, the Bitcoin traders were too vulnerable and apprehensive of a drop as the news brought extreme FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt) in the markets acting as a catalyst.
However, Litecoin traders remained unhinged, the losses it incurred due to Bitcoin’s fall were moderate and covered in a matter of hours nonetheless. The price of Litecoin [LTC] at 3: 15 hours UTC on 26th April is $74.17. It is trading 1.07% higher on a daily scale.
Ethereum (ETH), Monero (XMR) and Dash (Dash) and XRP
Ether (ETH), Monero (XMR) and Dash (DASH) fell by around or more than 5% on a daily scale registering highest losses amongst the top cryptocurrencies. Ethereum broke the $160 support line during the crash. The price of ETH at 3: 20 hours UTC on 26th April is $155.9. It is trading 5.42% lower on a daily scale.
Monero (XMR) and Dash (Dash) also broke key support levels. They are trading 7.45% and 5.02% lower on a daily scale respectively.
While XRP lost less in terms of percentage on a daily scale it also broke a key support level of $0.3. The price of XRP at 3: 30 hours UTC on 26th April is $0.293.
The top losers in the top 20 cryptocurrencies by market capitalization were Tezos (XTZ) and IOTA with 12.52% and 10.86% loss respectively. The price of Tezos at 3: 30 hours UTC on 26th April 2019 is $1.10. It wiped out most of the gains of the month, it touched a high of $1.47 in April.
Do you think that the market would correct on the daily or bears would grab hold of the opportunity? Please share your views with us.
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?