The International Monetary Fund (IMF) admonitions the connection between cryptocurrency and financial markets, which posits risks to the financial system, reports Outlook.
The international body presents a report saying, “digital assets no longer form the edge of the financial system. Eying on their high volatility & the enhancing association between cryptocurrencies, the stocks are seen to be at high risks with financial stability. The risk is prominent in nations following digital units.”
Statement from the IMF
IMF registered, “The relationship between crypto-assets and traditional holdings (such as stocks) has enhanced significantly. This seems to terminate the discerned risk, multiplicity benefits and boosts up the risk of infirmity across financial markets.”
“Cryptocurrency like Bitcoin (BTC-USD) has grown from an uncertain asset class with few users to an essential part of digital asset innovation. This growth seems to upend financial stability concerns.”
Before the pandemic, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum manifested negligible correlation with the major stock listing. Cryptocurrency has been expanding against risks and security against swings in alternate asset classes. Since the outbreak of the pandemic, crypto and stocks have traded vastly in tandem.
As per IMF, Bitcoin volatility unfolds the sixth of S&P 500 vivacity during the pandemic. IMF also reported around 1/10th of the variation in S&P 500 returns. The fund registered, “A sharp fall-down in Bitcoin prices can boost up investor risk detestation. This will give rise to a fall in investment in stock markets.”
Senator Cynthia Lummis (R-WY) – the most dominant bitcoin’s vocalist on Capitol Hill, is foreseen to instigate a bill on crypto regulation. The regulatory bill will be focused to combine digital assets into the financial system.
Her bill proposes the creation of a new crypto regulation under the combined jurisdiction of the CFTC and SEC. The bill will also guide on which assets belong in which asset class thereby bestowing a new set of rules on taxing crypto and defending consumers.
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?